TENNIS Ash Barty announces retirement from Tennis

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

wow, but good on her if she's comfortable with the decision. nothing left to prove really. has millions in the bank. can live a very comfortable life and probably still make money being an analyst and making the random apperance.

wonder if she goes back to cricket?!

Why tho? She is so good? and has potentially years left to smash all sorts of records?
Seems odd.

Faarrk. Would've been nice to see her try for the US Open but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do

What the actual ****?

Very smart decision I believe. I am guessing but I think motherhood beckons. Wouldn't be surprised by another announcement. I think she's probably got 10m or more invested and she wants to get on with life. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Surprised but not surprised.. Having listened to Barty's 'mind / mental coach' Ben Crowe talk about purpose and fulfillment and his work with her, it's no great shock that she's come to a decision that enough is enough in tennis.

Maybe she'll come back to the sport, but only if she finds a reason & a drive that's bigger than racking up a hefty total of major tournament wins.

Whatever she does turn her hand to next, I reckon she'll do just as much good for just as many people as she did playing tennis.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.