Voges
Siddle
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
Fawad
Harris (Ashes only)

I could see Siddle making way for a Cummins or Pattinson.

Can't see the value of Faulkner tbh. Doesn't bat or bowl well enough and we already have two all rounders. Which isn't to say we aren't obsessed enough to take 3. Just that we shouldn't.

The thought of Siddle grafting away short of a length at 125km/hr on those deadpan Caribbean wickets... 0-130 comes straight to mind ..

Australia's Frank Worrell Trophy/Ashes squad
Michael Clarke (c), Steve Smith (vc), Fawad Ahmed, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris (Ashes only), Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Peter Nevill, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Adam Voges, David Warner, Shane Watson.

The squad departs for the West Indies on 19 May.
Australia to West Indies 2015
Fri 29 – Sun 31 May: Tour Match, Antigua
Fri 5 – Tue 9 Jun: First Test, Dominca
Sun 13 – Wed 17 Jun: Second Test, Jamaica
Australia to UK 2015
Thu 25 – Sun 28 June: Four-day v Kent, Canterbury
Wed 1 – Sat 4 July: Four-day v Essex, Chelmsford
Wed 8 – Sun 12 July: First Test, Sophia Gardens
Thu 16 – Mon 20 July: Second Test, Lord’s
Thu 23 – Sat 25 July: Three-day v Derbyshire, County Ground
Wed 29 July – Sun 2 August: Third Test, Edgbaston
Thu 6 – Mon 10 August: Fourth Test, Trent Bridge
Fri 14 – Sun 16 August: Three-day v Northants, Northampton
Thu 20 – Mon 24 August: Fifth Test, The Oval

Good squad, Burns can consider himself unlucky, but given how hard it is to bat in England you can totally understand why they went with experience over upside with Voges & S.Marsh.

Would Nevill ever be considered as a batsman only? I don't know a lot about him but his numbers seem decent.

Do you think they're pigeon holing Cummins as a short form bowler, or are they keeping him on ice with a view to the long term?

Australia A Four-Day Squad: Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Stephen O’Keefe, Gurinder Sandhu, Marcus Stoinis

Australia A One-Day Squad: Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Callum Ferguson, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Gurinder Sandhu, Adam Zampa.

Ahmed? Good option.

Great call; his Shield form and his Shield Final form was sensational.

England will struggle against leg-spin if he gets a go.

Do you think they're pigeon holing Cummins as a short form bowler, or are they keeping him on ice with a view to the long term?

Picked for Australia A tour of India.

Would Nevill ever be considered as a batsman only? I don't know a lot about him but his numbers seem decent.

For sure, would take a crisis but it could happen. They'll have Voges as the reserve bat and players on county contracts like Maxwell and Burns.

Picked for Australia A tour of India.

Thanks for that, He probably has slipped down the order a bit, we do seem to have a lot of quality fast bowling options ATM.
I cant remember a time when we had so much depth.

Would be great to see Adam Voges get a call up he has been a great player for Western Australia and his season deserves some kind of recognition. I like the squad and I have full confidence in it.

Burns is unlucky but at least he is in the A team although he was filling in for Clarke and Clarke is back to match fit now.

For sure, would take a crisis but it could happen. They'll have Voges as the reserve bat and players on county contracts like Maxwell and Burns.

Good to know Burns is going to play country cricket. Should hold him in good stead for future selection.

Australia A Four-Day Squad: Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Ashton Agar, Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Patrick Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell, Stephen O’Keefe, Gurinder Sandhu, Marcus Stoinis

Australia A One-Day Squad: Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Wade (vc), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Cameron Boyce, Joe Burns, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, Callum Ferguson, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Gurinder Sandhu, Adam Zampa.

How did Lynn not make the First Class A side? I know he only really had 1 good score but I would have thought his talent and 250 were enough for Australian A selection?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Battler
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Jeza23
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.