Ashley Cooper/clipsal 500

ok, yes it is up to international safety...if it wasn't there wouldn't be any racing.

just because it is up to the international safety doesn't mean we are useing EVERY single new invention. Got it?

edit -

i can go through and pick each little comment apart and tell you whats wrong and whats right according to the rule book. the standards australian and international. but you and many others will still say why can't you do more. Sometimes doing more isn't going to protect them but make things worse, ironic but true. what works at one track wont always work on another.

i never claimed that i knew everything. but i do know what i'm saying and can back it up. i'm not trying to personally attack you aussie, i have no issue with what so ever. i simply strongly disagree with your opinion in this matter.

I'll take your word for it since you seem to know everything about racing. Sorry I ever tried to question you, I should have known when you said you grew up with them, and went to the races.

Silly me. :lol:

Sway said:
every time there is an accident people want to change everything. all we have to do is look at QR. when richards and McLean had their accidents. everyone wanted the track changed because it was soooo dangerous. it's not..the track is great for speed, but honestly it sucks and i'm glad they are expanding it.

I've actually spoken to Cam McLean about his crash in the carrera cup and he said it wasn't anything to do with the track.. it was the collision that caused the accident and he didn't want the track to change... he's a kick ass mechanic btw. :D

Anyways, I also saw the crash and believe that yes, while he did hit at high speeds, he hit the wall on the passenger side and must have hit his head on something.. I can't imagine what else could have caused such serious injuries. Pure coincidence in my opinion but then again, if he was my family member, i'd want to see changes to the track.

Thoughts are with his family.

hehehe, i've got the funniest story about that Rach, i'll pm you later!

Release date: 07/03/2008

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport has announced the composition of the Investigatory Panel into the incident that occurred during a Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series race at the Clipsal 500 Adelaide event, which took the life of driver Ashley Cooper.

Mr Christopher Blanden SC has been appointed to Chair the investigation. The other two members of the panel are Professor Jack McLean, Director of the Automotive Safety Research Centre at Adelaide University, and Mr Garth Wigston, former Chief Steward of the V8 Supercar Championship Series. Mr Colin Bond, a previous Bathurst winner, Australian Touring Car Champion and former Driving Standards Observer for the V8 Supercar Championship Series has also been appointed to assist the Panel with its investigation.

The investigation is expected to be conducted in April 2008.

In light of this investigation and a possible coronial inquiry, CAMS is unable to make any further comments at this time.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Hurrijo
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.