Association Football 2014/15 Thread

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Not too far away now! Wondering what @pennywisealfie thinks of Suarez in a Barca shirt.

Other notable transfer moves so far:

Alexis Sanchez --> Arsenal
Cesc Fabregas & Diego Costa --> Chelsea
Luke Shaw & Ander Herrera --> Man Utd
Adam Lallana & Lazar Markovic --> Liverpool
Toni Kroos --> Real Madrid

and of course

David Luiz --> PSG for £50 million!!!!

Chelsea also get Lukaku and Courtois back from loan. For me they are the favourites this year.

@ningnangnong, is Markovic any good? Haven't seen much of him at all.

And I promise not to bet on any Liverpool players for top goalscorer this year! Even if Loic Remy joins!

Last edited:
Yes, please don't!

I haven't seen much of him either, but from all accounts he's a phenomenal young talent - super quick with excellent control and dribbling ability. The dude Monaco employed (some Norwegian fella I think) who was responsible for a few of their signings (such as James Rodriguez) has big wraps on him which is a positive. [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION] might be able to put his hatred of Benfica aside and tell us a bit a more.

I feel like Lallana is being really underrated - he'll be amazing for us IMO, and should seamlessly transition into our style of football. Hopefully we can get Lovren in too, just to piss out Southampton fans some more.

The Luiz move stinks of Chelsea trying to beat FFP. Luiz is a hopeless defender as the world saw when Brazil took on Germany.

Real Madrid are going to be overstocked as usual if they sign Rodriguez (or Hames as is fashionable now) on top of Kroos. Di Maria looks to be on the way out, whilst Isco wants to stick it out from all accounts.

I am in Medan at the moment, such cheapness. Bought four legit jerseys today for bargain prices, including an FC Porto one. Do you love me yet, [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION]? :p

Only if you buy me a Porto jersey (which I will repay of course)... :aetsch:

Markovic was ok I guess, but didn't make too many waves, and certainly wasn't as much spoken about as his colleagues like Gaitan for example. I also don't know Liverpool's roster too well, so I'm not sure whether he will be an asset worth that kind of money tbh.

In other news, "Hames" is not fashionable now, he was already known that way at Porto, which btw, seems to building a very good young team, who will undoubtedly end up destroyed by one of the oligarchs, whom seem to be proliferating in European football...
Porto still gets a percentage of Rodriguez transfer, so that's a plus too.

Porto's success in identifying young talent is amazing. Someone should stop raiding their roster and just raid their scouts! Phenomenal strike rate and would have to be close to the most profitable club in Europe. Shame they can never retain them and build a proper squad. Fantastic record with their managers too.

Speaking of which, I found this rather amusing.

BtBbmqQCcAEWnbZ.jpg

PS Ning - I took Van Persie top goalscorer. Sturridge will now not suck this season!

I'm not all that pumped about Suarez. I want to see us sign some defenders before I get excited about this season.

It's not the individual scouts, it's really the organisation as a whole Ari. It's not a fluke either, as they've been doing it for decades!

They can sign young South Americans before most other major Europeans clubs, which is an advantage, but still, the way they bring them through and the success rate is very impressive.

FC Porto 2004 vs. Barcelona 2006 highlights.

This game was a beautiful gesture to honour Deco, one of my favourite players ever, by the two most significant clubs in his career. The game was played in Porto and sold out over a month ago!

Funny to see stars of the present mix it up with stars of the past, some of whom have lost a bit of shape... :laugh:

Brought back memories... forever grateful!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Porto lose another one with Mangela reportedly off to City.

Vidal and Reus being linked to Liverpool. If Reus comes that would be incredible as I think he's an amazing talent.

Yeah, Mangala is off to City to the tune of 45 Million Euro... we just can't compete with the petrodollars being thrown around in European football.

FC Porto 2004 vs. Barcelona 2006 highlights.

This game was a beautiful gesture to honour Deco, one of my favourite players ever, by the two most significant clubs in his career. The game was played in Porto and sold out over a month ago!

Funny to see stars of the present mix it up with stars of the past, some of whom have lost a bit of shape... :laugh:

Brought back memories... forever grateful!

I liked this and then unliked it so I could like it again. That video was the best. Eto'o in blaugrana once again! Beautiful sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, Indonesia is so damn cheap!

I've increased my haul to seven jerseys! I'll tell you all what they are even though you don't care, just because I'm chuffed with the bargains I've achieved.

FC Porto 13/14 Home
Inter Milan 13/14 Away
Inter Milan 12/13 Away
Juventus 13/14 Home
PSV Eindhoven 13/14 Home
Galatasaray 13/14 Home
Anderlecht 13/14 Home

I don't even know why they have Gala jerseys here, but I'll take it! Prefer Fenerbahce though TBH.

post-8523-0-20301300-1338394344.jpg

I wish the new Porto jerseys (Warrior) would go on sale... can't find them anywhere online.

Good haul [MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION]

The new kit looks much better with the sponsor (MEO I think it is) integrated. If I see any around I can pick you up one! Don't think I'll see any, but I'll keep an eye out. :) Can't find any Liverpool kits anywhere, really only Nike and Adidas kits.

Warrior do make some decent kits - they also make some pretty abhorrent ones too haha.

Cheers ningers, I'd enormously appreciate it and would fully reimburse your costs of course!

Go XXL at least btw, I'm not a small bloke... ;-)

Warrior is working hard on getting a slice of the market, but their online presence really sucks, although they have a whole online shop for Liverpool atire.

Last edited:
No worries mate. Like I said, don't like my chances, but I'll definitely keep my eye out!

I see they're available on Kitbag (where I usually get my stuff), but don't have the sponsor on the shirt for some reason - FC PORTO Home Shirt 2014/15 White

Cool, thanks mate!

I see they have the alternative jersey as well, albeit without the sponsors... weird one that.

The prices aren't too shocking, and I assume they ship to Australia since you buy there, so I might go that way. Will wait a bit longer to see what happens...

No luck I'm afraid, [MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION]. :(

Closest I came was some Portgual World Cup shirts, but even then, because Indonesians are smaller than most Western folk, they don't stock much above Medium or Large.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • levikaden
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • johnny plath
  • Browny
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.