NEWS Assume brace position: coach unveils incoming supersub

Playing Dearden in a cameo role of the bench is an absolutely dreadful idea. For a club like Brisbane who has history killing careers with cameo roles that drag on for too long off the bench, you'd think we'd have learnt our lesson by now.

If Dearden isn't our starting Half, he should be playing 80 minutes of Queensland Cup, nothing else.

Yes I am aware of all that but I actually think Hunt's time off the bench was actually good for him (but yes it did go on too long). I am not even saying keep him there, hopefully Paix is ready sooner rather than later but I think Dearden could benefit from playing as a utility to keep building his time and then eventually get him back into the Queensland Cup as the season goes. Plus, I'm not entirely sure Milf is still the best option at 6. Hope he proves me wrong.

If you want to have a back/utility on the bench, Oates makes far more sense.

I'd do this:

1. Bird
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Arthars
5. Coates/Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Flegler
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Dearden/Paix
15. TPJ
16. Kennedy
17. Oates

Yes, it isn't a great side but it is better for not having Boyd or Macca in it AND it gives the kids a chance to shine.
I agree, I like that side but maybe kenner for Farnworth to add some experience.
I also believe Coates will be brought in sooner rather than later , especially with the new rule . Also isaako on the bench for dearden/paix, I like them getting time in cup with Niu.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I think Oates might get a run at second row if he is playing Isaako on the bench. As for McCulloughs inclusion, the coach obviously thinks Turpin cant go the full 80 yet so he will need a rest at some point. I know he played 80 last year at halfback, but halfbacks don't make 40+ tackles in the middle.

If Turpin and Mccullough are both going to be on the field together I assume Turpin will be the one playing lock, at least he can run.

McCullough is more than capable playing a tackling lock style. I wouldn't expect him to make 15 hitups a game however.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.