Auckland 9s - Brisbane Broncos vs Canterbury Bulldogs

people here care if we win or lose in the 9s? as if it means something for our season? ok....

It's always nice to see the Broncos win.

It's disappointing how no one except the Warriors are taking this seriously though. Hope they don't choke for the 3rd time, cause they deserve to win.

It's always nice to see the Broncos win.

It's disappointing how no one except the Warriors are taking this seriously though. Hope they don't choke for the 3rd time, cause they deserve to win.

well you can only choose one tomorrow.

yeah ots not all about winning.. just not looking like shit

which we mostly did

if were were caught short at bundaberg well fine, what matters is we saw milf and the like show they havent been doing nothing bar hitting the piss and breaking curfew

I'm over at the 9s at the moment. Gotta say the atmosphere is weird for most games It's like the mini league at half time. Except when the Warriors play. even when the Come out for warm ups the crowd goes wild. While other games going.

Catching up on this game

Starting 9
Darius Boyd, Tom Opacic, Jamayne Isaako, Andrew McCullough, Todd Murphy, Alex Glenn, Sam Thaiday, Adam Blair, Jai Arrow
Sam Scarlett, Keegan Hipgrave, Francis Molo, Caleb Timu, Jonus Pearson

The Dogs first try was humerous. The players fell for their own instincts, covering the ruck leaving a massive over-lap down their left hand edge. Was a good kick in the lead up from Frawley, got it above Boyd and was rewarded with a fortunate bounce.

Brisbane really should have hit back through Murphy. There was some good play in the lead up, doing everything but scoring.

Four minutes in and Frawley has already had a wow of a game. Two inch perfect repeat set kicks and a try-saver for his side.

Boyd was just too cute with the goal-line drop out. The Broncos were just exposed down their left hand fringe with Abbey out-classing Hipgrave and Stanley being too much for Murphy. Great pass from the Bulldogs.

As frustrating as this game was, I was expecting much worse from the Broncos. So far in their two possessions they've been inches away from scoring. This time, Pearson happened to put his foot on the sideline before he got his pass away for what would have been a try.

The Thaiday intercept was on the same level as the Boyd situation. Thaiday forcing a play to be cute and getting the punishment it deserved. That try basically sealed the game for the Dogs.

Timu was immense in that set leading up to Arrow's try. Great run from dummy half followed by a daring kick for Arrow who chased very well. Both he and Jai really impressed me.

The McCullough try was incredibly lucky but also really sharp from Blair.

Jesus christ the ball watching from Timu and Isaako on the Lane break...I can forgive Caleb who had to pick himself up off the ground to get back in position but Isaako was out of his depth.

The boys were completely out on their feet at this point. A lack of a playmaker really took it's toll here and McCullough went for an all or nothing which evidently didn't pan out.

Brisbane basically paid for rolling the dice and playing an exciting brand of football. I've got no qualms with the result.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Stix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.