Aus Open

Barty up 3-0 in the deciding set vs Meldonium Sharapova.

Well she’s hit a wall, is choking, Sharapova has got on the roids or a mix of all three

Inexperience/fatigue creeping in there IMO but she managed to close it out. Sharapova's mind games wouldn't have helped.

Federer knocked out. Fucking sucks. I wonder how long he has left? As great as Nadal and Djokovic are, I just enjoyed watching Federer far more than any other tennis player.

Barty will need to pick up her game in the next round.

She needs to be more clinical. At 4-0 up in the deciding set, she should have finished off Sharapova right there and then but let her back in it and nearly lost it. Kvitová will punish her if she clocks off like that again.

I never want her to win another major. She doesn’t deserve the record

Me neither.

I never liked Serena but my dislike for her grew even more after her little outburst in the US Open final last year.

It completely ruined Osaka’s moment. First Japanese woman to win a Grand Slam and all anyone could focus on was Serena.

She may not have had the intention to ruin her moment but she still did and instead of the presentation being about celebrating Osaka’s win, it just ended up being all about Serena.

Me neither.

I never liked Serena but my dislike for her grew even more after her little outburst in the US Open final last year.

It completely ruined Osaka’s moment. First Japanese woman to win a Grand Slam and all anyone could focus on was Serena.

She may not have had the intention to ruin her moment but she still did and instead of the presentation being about celebrating Osaka’s win, it just ended up being all about Serena.

Yep, Serena is one of the worst sports in the game, which is saying something since tennis has had it's fair share.

Really over the late scheduling of Tennis. 9.30 local start last night is dumb on a school night.

Serena Williams knocked out by Karolina Pliskova. **** yes.

But it was also the way she lost that made it more glorious. She was 5-1 up in the 3rd set and blew 4 match points. She ended up losing the 3rd set 7-5.

One of the greatest chokes in Tennis history.

Sure, she rolled her ankle, but in that position she never should have lost injured or not.

Congrats to Naomi Osaka.

First Japanese person to ever hold the top ranking and the first woman to win successive grand slams since Serena Williams won four in a row across 2014-2015.

This time she didn’t have her win overshadowed by someone chucking a tantrum.

Really looking forward to Djoko vs Nadal. I have no idea who will win. I guess I'm leaning towards Nadal being the more likely winner. If he does, I can definitely see him surpassing Fed once he wins the next 3 or so French Opens.

Really looking forward to Djoko vs Nadal. I have no idea who will win. I guess I'm leaning towards Nadal being the more likely winner. If he does, I can definitely see him surpassing Fed once he wins the next 3 or so French Opens.

I can't see Nadal losing, his form has been sublime. I don't think a single match of his has ever gone into the 4th set, he has disposed of every one of his opponents in straight sets.

Djokovic has been in a great form, as well. But I think Nadal has been better.

Will be an excellent final, but hope Rafa gets up.

Tonight will be amazing tennis. I am going for Djokovic and think he will get up.

Cheering for Rafa, but I think Djokovic is the better hard court player at his best, and I'm sure he'll be bringing his best tonight. Mainly, I want to see a close 5 setter.

Crazy to think both of these guys might be able to gun down Federer's major count by the time all's said and done. Particularly Djokovic. I'm half expecting Nadal to break down again at some point, although he's probably got 2 French open titles left in him. But Djokovic will feast for a few years once Fed and Rafa retire.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.