Aust v India ODI

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Game on..... so anyone watching, predictions?

They will burn effigies of the umpires.

They picked the wrong team, Pain and Clarke look like they will score very slowly as usual.

Clarke scoring very slow, should have picked Warner to open instead of Marsh I reckon.

Never rated Cameron White but geez he has turned into a handy ODI batsman. Still hate him cos he's a Victard but a great innings here.

That was pretty good to watch in the end.

When White really gets going he is up there with the best big hitters in recent years IMO. There's just no stopping him when he decides to go nuts with the bat, it's deadset backyard stuff.

Well played 100 from Clarke as well. He's always had a tendency to throw away his wicket in the situation he found himself in when he went to the crease, but today was a solid knock.

Huss did well to get things going too. Despite being on notice and probably past his time at Test level, he still has plenty to offer in the shorter forms of the game. I'd probably like to see him bat a bit lower though if he's going to hang around (won't happen though). He was great with the Michael Bevan role when he first came in, and IMO that's where his strength will always be.

Bowling attack is a bit raw for this series, as is India's, but 290 is good score for them to defend. Should be able to get the chocolates from here but anything's possible with the bat on these Indian highways, slow or not.

JW said:
Bowling attack is a bit raw for this series, as is India's, but 290 is good score for them to defend. Should be able to get the chocolates from here but anything's possible with the bat on these Indian highways, slow or not.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how Starc and Hastings go.

India by their standards have a pretty inexperienced batting lineup as well though with Dhawan and Tiwary on debut.

seems our bowling line up wasn't up to it. Shame, Clarke and White batted well.

Can put that loss down to the 7 or so overs we wasted at the start of our innings IMO, that and inexperience in our bowlers I suppose.

Jeba said:
Can put that loss down to the 7 or so overs we wasted at the start of our innings IMO, that and inexperience in our bowlers I suppose.

Yeh I agree, Bollinger would have made a difference. Shocked Hilfy isn't in the squad especially with the bowlers we have over there.

Jeba said:

The pitch was a minefield in the first 15 overs according to Clarke. He's blaming losing the toss.

Coxy said:
Jeba said:

The pitch was a minefield in the first 15 overs according to Clarke. He's blaming losing the toss.

no surprise that the Coxy agenda is somehow targeting the bloke who made a ton.. [icon_shru

Nah, he batted well. But he's not much better, tactically, than Ponting as a captain IMO.

Coxy said:
Nah, he batted well. But he's not much better, tactically, than Ponting as a captain IMO.

bit early to tell yet but you have already written him so why not.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • upthebroncs
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.