Australia v England fourth Test

Geez Bird has been underwhelming, I know there hasn't been much in the pitch but the good bowler's like hazlewood and Starc can always find something. He can't seriously be next in line

Poor bastard. Can’t thinknof anything worse than running around in the hot sun with gastro. I’ve had it since yesterday and I’m flat out getting out of bed...

Had it last week, it's fucked. I can't see how it would be physically possible to be out playing cricket, I was curled in a ball wishing I was dead for two days. Tough bugger but if he's going to be dropping catches and what not perhaps he should sit it out.

Need to get these last wickets quickly and get batting.

They shove KFC commercials and sponsorship in our face constantly and then they cut to someone in the crowd eating..Red Rooster!

Fail.

Cook 200.

Highest score by a tourist at MCG. Viv 208 in 84/85.

Had it last week, it's fucked. I can't see how it would be physically possible to be out playing cricket, I was curled in a ball wishing I was dead for two days. Tough bugger but if he's going to be dropping catches and what not perhaps he should sit it out.

Need to get these last wickets quickly and get batting.

Hazlewood had it yesterday.

So should they go on the baked beans diet for next test?

I guess the one positive to take out of this is that this side really shouldn't be in the hunt for a 5-0 whitewash, they just aren't as good as they have been made to look the first three tests.

And given both Marsh's have scored a ton in this series, you can bet your bottom dollar neither of them will be dropped before the away Ashes comes around and given this pitch is similar to what they will have England (plus swing), this team is screwed.

I guess the one positive to take out of this is that this side really shouldn't be in the hunt for a 5-0 whitewash, they just aren't as good as they have been made to look the first three tests.

And given both Marsh's have scored a ton in this series, you can bet your bottom dollar neither of them will be dropped before the away Ashes comes around and given this pitch is similar to what they will have England (plus swing), this team is screwed.

18 months is a long way away. SA with all their guns back is our next concern.

I don't think it's all that bad, if Smith takes the catch of cook we bowl them out without England having a lead. Plus our strike bowler is sitting on the bench with a sore foot.

Im really looking forward to our 2nd dig particularly the openers.
Now is the time for Warner to stand up under pressure and lead , also Bancroft surely has to score some decent runs when it truly matters.

Might be getting to the stage where I'd be happy for a draw

18 months is a long way away. SA with all their guns back is our next concern.

The Aussies always do well in SA, we also have Mitchell (Johnson) Starc as well.

SA:

1. Elgar (Meh)
2. Markram (Seems a gun but has only had to put up with Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, nothing to write home about there)
3. Amla (massive wicket obviously)
4. de Villiers (He makes a massive difference to that side and they suddenly look good enough to challenge India for world number 1)
5. Bavuma (Meh)
6. Du Plessis (He is so hot and cold but you know he will play well against Aus)
7. de Kock (best keeper batsman in test cricket at present by a country mile, a young Gilchrist really)
8. Philander (He is a gun with ball and more than handy with the bat, Aussies have no idea how to play him in swinging conditions)
9. Maharaj (Their answer to Lyon, Aussies have no idea how to play spin and this guy is good at just that art)
10. Steyn (If fit, enough said) / Morkel (Meh)
11. Rabada (This guy is the best young quick around, absolute gun)

That is a super scary side if they are all fit, that's for sure and the selectors seem to have just gone back on their 'watershed moment' of 12 months previously against the very same opposition. It could be a long series given Starc can't get through a whole series like MJ used to be able to do.

The squad I would take:

7 bats - Smith, Warner, Cartwright, Maxwell, Khawaja, Lehmann, Patterson
2 keepers - Paine, Handscomb
6 bowlers - Hazlewood, Cummins, Starc, Lyon, J.Richardson (Pattinson if fit), Sayers

Build for the next Ashes in 18 months. Of course, very little of this will aactually happen.

That's what happens when you only got two good bowler's, one good bowler who's sick and a pitch that looks like a slab of concrete

Not to mention having won the series already must be adding to the complacency. They won't have that burning desire to win in the last two games, a white wash would be nice but they will probably be happy with a draw.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • eggstar10
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • marw
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • big k
  • Strop
  • Brocko
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.