Australia v South Africa

Hmmm I suppose we can all change our minds

From two months ago.

He’s had another two games since then and still no better. The good will from before the Ashes has been used up when you keep getting 16.

While Burns gets 200.

From two months ago.

He’s had another two games since then and still no better. The good will from before the Ashes has been used up when you keep getting 16.

While Burns gets 200.

All I have said is Renshaw deserved first crack, I should be passed it by now but that QLder chip on my shoulder takes a bit of moving.

I agree re Burns, based on form being foremost in the selectors minds but Bancroft will still be selected even though he has done nothing of note and his technique has been exposed at test level.
He has an unhealthy number of dismissals LB and bowled.

Burns looking like a month out so that leaves probably Renshaw or Weatherald.

Team named Monday.

I'm a fan of Weatherald but he hasn't been consistent in two years.

TEST SQUAD: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Shaun Marsh, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Jon Holland, Jhye Richardson.

Interesting side. Mostly expected really. Good to see Handscomb hasn't been completely discarded and Bancroft has been shown far more faith than he has really shown he deserves, I genuinely fear for his well-being after looking scared against England's plodders when going up against Rabada / Morkel / Ngidi / Steyn (Possibly) and Philander, he is going to be a total deer in the headlights. At least Renshaw, while nicking off, wouldn't have looked scared.

Good to see the selectors have finally gotten past the bad joke of favouring Agar over Holland for the second spinner's spot.

AND MY MAN RICHARDSON!!!!! He is so fast and classy, he bowls so fluently, it is like watching a machine, he is just genuinely good, could be another Cummins situation of five years ago in that he will surprise a few if he get a chance.

Interesting side. Mostly expected really. Good to see Handscomb hasn't been completely discarded and Bancroft has been shown far more faith than he has really shown he deserves, I genuinely fear for his well-being after looking scared against England's plodders when going up against Rabada / Morkel / Ngidi / Steyn (Possibly) and Philander, he is going to be a total deer in the headlights. At least Renshaw, while nicking off, wouldn't have looked scared.

Good to see the selectors have finally gotten past the bad joke of favouring Agar over Holland for the second spinner's spot.

AND MY MAN RICHARDSON!!!!! He is so fast and classy, he bowls so fluently, it is like watching a machine, he is just genuinely good, could be another Cummins situation of five years ago in that he will surprise a few if he get a chance.

Just more confusing.

India we took Swepson, Lyon, Agar and O'Keefe so he's ranked fifth spinner at best.

Bangladesh we took Agar and Lyon. Then when Hazlewood is injured we fly over O'Keefe who was banned but we'd rather him.

Two spinners needed or wanted in Sydney we pick Agar with Lyon.

But now going to South Africa without having bowled a red ball and improved his record we pick Holland for the first time in two years despite being the best spinner in the SS.

Makes perfect sense to the selectors

After that makes sense, talk me through Sayers v Richardson.

250 SS wickets at 23 and 12th man for the Ashes. Overlooked for five SS games and 21 wickets. Swing could be vital over there as it was in the first Test.

250 SS wickets at 23 and 12th man for the Ashes. Overlooked for five SS games and 21 wickets. Swing could be vital over there as it was in the first Test.

Mitch Marsh will swing his way into your hearts on the SA tour if need be

Clearly I'm biased cos I really rate Richardson as we all know but this is a pick for the future. If the team is struggling, he may well get a gig, ala Cummins. Remember Cummins didn't have much FC experience before his debut. Richardson just has something special, I don't think many would disagree.

There's a 99% chance Richardson doesn't play a single game in SA unless there's multiple injuries. It's the same scenario as taking Swepson last season, purely for the experience.

Clearly I'm biased cos I really rate Richardson as we all know but this is a pick for the future. If the team is struggling, he may well get a gig, ala Cummins. Remember Cummins didn't have much FC experience before his debut. Richardson just has something special, I don't think many would disagree.

Then you take him as extra and take 16 like they did for Ponting and Clarke. Richardson could play a Test here and that's really not right. Promise or not and he does remind me of Steyn or Marshall with his short statue and skidding through but five Shield games, unless he got 50 wickets it shouldn't be Test worthy.

I watched the Test last night, Wanderers is the fourth Test venue for us so could be the deciding Test, it was great swing bowling- 11 wickets in a day. It was hard batting, Pujara took 54 balls to get off the mark.

Hazlewood got 6 there in 2011 so not suggesting we are going to struggle but I would love to see a genuine swing bowler.

Jackson Bird is pretty close to a genuine swing bowler in certain conditions, I remember a game a few years back where he was hooping it like Hilfenhaus in England.

Is it the thought that Sayers just lacks the pace for that level of cricket?

Is it the thought that Sayers just lacks the pace for that level of cricket?

Boof loves two things, ball going away from the bat in ODI and pace in Tests.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.