Australia vs India

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
Coulter-Nile is going to go for 100+ off his bowling at some point this tournament if he keeps getting picked. Could be tonight.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Can't believe NCN is in the squad over Faulkner who was great in the BBL. A one off knock shouldn't mask how horrid his bowling has been.

Last edited:

ostin86

QCup Player
We need that red head leggie who dominated the U/19 world cup a couple of years back.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
What is Warner playing at? Strike rate of under 50 and running out the captain while chasing 353?

I know they can accelerate but Warner owes the team a big over or five.

Alec

International Rep
Is Stoinis really the only allrounder in the squad? We pretty much have no choice to keep picking him.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Is Stoinis really the only allrounder in the squad? We pretty much have no choice to keep picking him.
Pretty much, he'd be a fine selection if we had a better fast bowling line-up, we can't carry him and NCN every game, we're going to get 300 scored on us most times. Losing Jhye Richardson was the real killer, if we had him, Starc & Cummins we'd have no need for NCN.

I'd be fine with giving Behrendorff or K.Richardson a go next game, we need some more wicket takers.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I reckon Australia should play a second spinner instead of NCN but I don't think there is one in the squad. They really should have taken M.Marsh over the beautiful but does nothing gum chewing man specimen.
- Merged

Warner played the worst innings I've ever seen from him and ran out Finch who actually looked like he could do a Dhawan.

Last edited:

Ponga01

QCup Player
I reckon Australia should play a second spinner instead of NCN but I don't think there is one in the squad. They really should have taken M.Marsh over the beautiful but does nothing gum chewing man specimen.
- Merged

Warner played the worst innings I've ever seen from him and ran out Finch who actually looked like he could do a Dhawan.
Gaz is in the squad

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
3rd bowling option has gotta be Lyon or Behrendorff from now on, surely. NCN is cannon fodder on these pitches/smalls boundaries and I think K. Richardson would be even worse. I lean towards Lyon.

Does show that Starc and Cummins are our two most important players. If they don't strike early it'll most likely be a loss.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
3rd bowling option has gotta be Lyon or Behrendorff from now on, surely. NCN is cannon fodder on these pitches/smalls boundaries and I think K. Richardson would be even worse. I lean towards Lyon.

Does show that Starc and Cummins are our two most important players. If they don't strike early it'll most likely be a loss.
Richardson was unplayable at the death in the BBL. Different format and shitter quality batsmen I know, but NCN was average in the BBL and looks even worse in the WC.

EDIT: We should have played Faulkner and MMarsh (can't believe I'm suggesting him) at 7 and 8 over Stoinis and NCN if we didn't want to carry Hazle as a cannon fodder tail ender.

- Merged

We can't play Zampa again, he is SHIT and will cost us against sub continent sides. Lyon comes in for him and Richardson/ Dorff for NCN.

Maxwell is. He does a better job of holding down an end at under a 6 economy than Zampa who can't hold a bat and is average in the field.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter