Australia vs New Zealand - Kick-Off is 6:30PM QUEENSLAND TIME!

Why do we have a bench hooker in the first place? Cameron smith is an 80 minute hooker week in week out and even in origin. Farah was one of the worst selections in recent history, especially when he is there at the expense of the dally m player of the year.

The sad thing is, Farah is going to be an improvement on DCE which was completely silly.

Sheens just wants to cover all his bases I 'spose. If he could only pick 16 players he'd be fine but with a 17th he probably finds Farah more valuable. Personally, unless they're Craig Wing or Shaun Berrigan I've never understood the hype for a utility.

If Mannering was a Queenslander he'd barely get a look in.

BP

Would you have any idea of why Ben Matulino is not starting. I rate him really highly and he is some of the best forwards in New Zealand.

I'm 100% with ya BM.

With Kasiano & Bromwich I guess the selectors assumed because their team made the grand final that they would be the form pairing. Kasiano's selection could also be purely politics because of his decision to stick with NZ.

In terms of strategy, I guess they see more balance with this pairing. Kasiano can ball-play and get the Kiwis rolling forward early while Matulino can provide more impact off the bench than others can.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out in just over 3 hours.

You might be pleased to hear the game will definitely be screened live into Queensland. Over the past couple of years the Tests have been on delay which has really hurt their interest. Maybe 9 thought this game needed all the help it could get?

Last edited:
Mannering is a more experienced Alex Glenn IMO. His versatility always hurt him though, NZ kept picking him in the centres.

On the game itself, I expect Kasiano to drop a few balls. For all the great things he can do, he's also a bit lazy and loose.

Last edited:
I think the reason why Robbie Farah was named on the bench was because there is a possibility of fatigue setting in quicker because of the conditions and because the hooker is on of the most important positions on the team Sheens wants a fresh player on for the whole game. Still think Farah isn't really needed as Cameron can easily play a full 80 in any kind of conditions.

Farah will probably come on in the last 10 minutes, where the Kangaroo's have an healthy lead and the game is well and truly over.

Go the Kangaroos. I cheer for the QLD players when they are playing for Australia just to let you know.

Myles on the bench and Williams at lock? Dafuq???

New Zealand score first near the posts.

Australia is missing a back that actually wants to get involved.

Compare the involvement rates of Slater and Hoffman. Slater is always circling around. Hoffman returns a kick, then just chills.

He tried to return a kick.

Australia are completely uninterested in going to the other side of the field.

Reffing is shit tho. Has inglis even touched the ball?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.