Australia vs New Zealand

1. Boyd - He was classy but still does some weird stuff in defense. 7
2. Fergusen - Was very safe and took some tough runs out of our red zone. Good job. 7
3. Inglis - Absolute handful and looked back to his best, looks injury free and agile. 8
4. Dugan - Is not a center, should not be in the team. 4
5. Holmes - Fantastic, Gagai at origin-esque JT just, just not that good. 8
6. Thurston - Got smashed repeatedly, not his best game but still influential, such is his class. 7
7. Cronk - He was there, his average is better than others but is he slowing down? 6
8. Scott - The go-forward with him on and off says everything, great job. 8
9. Smith - He is just a high quality machine, the amount of work he gets through is immense, no one reads a game like him. 9
10. Boyd - Played his role at Canberra and did it really well, quality debut. 8
11. Cordner - He runs beautiful lines, hits holes, gets his head smashed, gets up. Real gun. 9
12. Gillett - Some really great stuff in attack and defense, some weird stuff as well. Very good. 8
13. Merrin - Some great offloads, really good in his stints, our new lock for sure. 8

14. Klemmer - We lost ascendency when he came on, says everything. Is overrated. 6
15. Morgan - Did his role ok and given it is not his usual role, shows his value in the side for his amazing versatility. 7
16. Frizzell - Is built for rep footy, I love this guy. He wrestled ascendancy back when he came on. 8
17. Thaiday - Has been eating...a lot but still good in what seemed a roving edge role. I liked it. 8

I would have loved to seen Oatesy in the green and gold!

Re: Four Nations Squads

Michael Morgan is the Jimmy Maher of the Kangaroos. Good at NRL level average at rep level.

Could say the same about almost every NSW player of the last 10 years.

Boyd - Was very solid at the back scoring the first try and getting involved. 7
Ferguson - Played well with some strong carries and could've had a try as well. 7
Inglis - Was excellent combining with Holmes and came up with a double. 8
Dugan - Shouldn't be in the team and didn't have a good game. He is not a centre. 4
Holmes - Excellent on debut, everything he did he did well. 8
Thurston - Looked flat and the Kiwis pressured him, with his goal kicking he at least put us out of sight. 5.5
Cronk - Was expecting him to do a lot better. Didn't play badly but wasn't sighted. 5.5
Scott - Didn't sight him as much but he didn't let the team down. 6.5
Smith - Another top performance from our national skipper. Played a huge role. 8
Boyd - Bit skeptical but he was impressive having some strong runs and tackles and didn't look out of place. 7
Cordner - Was outstanding in both attack and defense and came up with a well deserved try. 8
Gillett - Did a superb job defensively as always. 7
Merrin - Another i was a bit 50/50 about but he proved me wrong. Caused troubles with his agility and ball skills. 7.5

Klemmer - Wasn't that bad but wasn't great. He at least attracts defenders everytime he runs. Nowhere near as good as his last game for Australia. 5
Morgan - Said this earlier he is like the Rugby League version of Jimmy Maher or Michael Divenuto, didn't offer anything Maloney should get called up. 4
Frizzell - Love just how well this guy plays at rep level was great at Origin and was great tonight. 7.5
Thiaday - Didn't look fit but came up with some good runs on the fringes. 6.5

All Broncos were great. Kahu close to NZ best. JWH,Nightingale and SKD are not up to it.
mansour and woods would come in, not sure who Woods replaces though. Ferguson and Dugan both should go.
And, how fucking big is Shannon Boyd?

All Broncos were great. Kahu close to NZ best. JWH,Nightingale and SKD are not up to it.
mansour and woods would come in, not sure who Woods replaces though. Ferguson and Dugan both should go.
And, how ****ing big is Shannon Boyd?

Ferguson didn't play badly at all. He made some strong carries with the ball that got us out of trouble and probably would've had a try if Dugan used him. Dugan should go, I would've picked Jack Bird if he was able to play.

Ferguson didn't play badly at all. He made some strong carries with the ball that got us out of trouble and probably would've had a try if Dugan used him. Dugan should go, I would've picked Jack Bird if he was able to play.

Fair enough Fergo was solid. Still, if the option is Mansour or Fergo, Mansour by two body lengths.

Was reading the Fox Sports stats. Frizzel with a 5 saying he didn't have the impact he had in Origin :laugh:, 5 for Ferguson, 7 for Cronk and 6 for Dugan.

It wasn't much of a game.

The Kiwis constantly shot themselves in the foot and made life extremely easy for the Australians. As soon as they got onto the score-sheet, Australia were looking flummuxed so I'm not paying much attention to the final scoreline.

A couple of positives for the Australians. The young players stepped up and didn't look out of place. The team looked a lot faster and stronger than it has in previous outings and should improve over time. Special mentions to Scott and Thaiday. While it goes against the narrative, both played well tonight and were among the Kangaroos best.

I'm not his biggest supporter, but Dugan wasn't provided with much space tonight. Kata played well on debut and the combination wasn't there from Boyd. We'll never see it, but I believe it's the one area where Moylan has Boyd beat. His ability to create play down that fringe is second to none and he was one of the form players post-Origin.

SKD can thank his lucky stars this isn't Origin. If the Rugby League public cared about tonight's clash, he wouldn't hear the end of it. Notice how the commentators were to cover for him? His Roosters team-mate has missed more time and he was the best player on the park.

Based on rep performances in Origin and past performances for Australia, how the hell are Dugan and Ferguson in this Australian team over Gagai and Chambers?

Good performance by the Aussies though. Cant see Mansour getting Holmes out of the team, and big Boyd played well enough to keep his spot ahead of Woods, which imo puts a lot of pressure on the knee lifter. Scott for me was the pick of the front rowers comfortably. We seemed to lose our way when he left the field.

Cordner imo needs to work on his defence. Brilliant in attack, i can see Thurston getting so much out of him, but Proctor breezed straight past him and left Thurston with little chance of stopping him for their try.

Morgan was pretty ordinary, but Mal likes to have that sort of option on the bench. Maloney isnt a bench utility, its one area i think we are lacking a bit personally. Bird would be a good option, but i wouldnt write off Morgan after one ordinary game.

Last edited:
Based on rep performances in Origin and past performances for Australia, how the hell are Dugan and Ferguson in this Australian team over Gagai and Chambers?

Good performance by the Aussies though. Cant see Mansour getting Holmes out of the team, and big Boyd played well enough to keep his spot ahead of Woods, which imo puts a lot of pressure on the knee lifter. Scott for me was the pick of the front rowers comfortably. We seemed to lose our way when he left the field.

Cordner imo needs to work on his defence. Brilliant in attack, i can see Thurston getting so much out of him, but Proctor breezed straight past him and left Thurston with little chance of stopping him for their try.

Morgan was pretty ordinary, but Mal likes to have that sort of option on the bench. Maloney isnt a bench utility, its one area i think we are lacking a bit personally. Bird would be a good option, but i wouldnt write off Morgan after one ordinary game.

I agree with all this as usual with your posts my man. Though I do think Morgan is getting a bad wrap. I thought he was fine, not great by any means, but handled an unfamiliar position ok. He is the closest thing we have to Berrigan in the game at present, though I certainly wouldn't have been against Bird being in there, he's a gun. That said, I'd have Bird at center. I absolutely agree though, bring Woods back in for Klemmer, the guy has become a rep mainstay for...reasons. Imagine Woods coming on after 20, that's an enticing proposition. I really rated Boyd's two stints and he has been doing that all year for Canberra.

Active Now

• Loch Ness Monster
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Aldo
  • LittleDavey
  • eggstar10
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.