Australia vs South Africa (ODI's & T20)

Just in time for the World Cup which is the only time this limited overs shit means anything. They will get clobbered in this series but they will make some noise in the big tourney next year in Eng. Final 4 at least.

On paper yes, on performance they would actually be lucky to qualify if it wasn't automatic.

The balance of this team is all wrong, I have thought for a while with the OD side we are too heavily influenced by 20/20. They're different skills.

You can have two Lynns but we have too many players like that. The result will always be 400 runs or 134.

Where is the guy that moves the ball around rotates the strike, finishes with 80 off 82 and gets you to the 50th over? While the Lynn's of the world bash 50 off 25?

We don't have that player anymore and our OD form is suffering.

First game they had collectively the highest scoring rate of any Australian ODI team, 96.27 runs/100 balls. That's massive but no stability no one holding it together.

Yep we are missing Hussey, Clarke or Bevan

Yep we are missing Hussey, Clarke or Bevan

We are missing the only two batsmen that consistently save our ass every time in Warner and Smith. They have dug us out of a lot of holes in the past 4 years and people are only starting to realise this now.

AUSTRALIA:

Travis Head
Aaron Finch (c)
Shaun Marsh
Chris Lynn
Alex Carey
Glenn Maxwell
Marcus Stoinis
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Adam Zampa

AUSTRALIA:

Travis Head
Aaron Finch (c)
Shaun Marsh
Chris Lynn
Alex Carey
Glenn Maxwell
Marcus Stoinis
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Adam Zampa
A decent looking side if it were a Big Bash game but this ODI cricket and that batting order is quite inexperienced. These games are a good guage for WC selections though and I'm tipping the Aussies to hit back today.

A win looking likely. Saffas need 43 off 38 but only 2 wickets in hand. Not over yet though

Need 20 off the last over.

Watch us **** it up

Safros now need 20 runs in an over with one wicket in hand, Maxwell to bowl last over

Last edited:
We had to use all our good bowlers to get ourselves within a chance of winning this, but it has come at a cost with a part timer bowling the last over

12 runs needed in one ball, a win is looking likely

Wow Australia actually won a game

I was kinda expecting a no ball 6 just to keep it interesting

Wow the saffas just went full stick cricket mode. 250ish score nek minnit 350 ish

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • RodF
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Wolfie
  • Brotherdu
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.