2nd ODI, Melbourne, January 15
3rd ODI, Perth, January 19
4th ODI, Sydney, January 22
5th ODI, Adelaide, January 26

T20 Series vs Sri Lanka
1st T20, TBC, February 17
2nd T20, TBC, February 19
3rd T20, TBC, February 22

So good to have the 'Gabba test during the school holidays. Even better it's a day/night game.

So future Aussie XI, not including any current players.

1. Renshaw
2. Burns
3. Patterson
4. Lehman
5. Lynn
6. Valente
7. Whiteman
8. Cummins
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. W.Agar

??

Burns & Lynn are the same age as Smith
I just don't think Lynn will ever make it in to the test side. If he was going to make it, he would already be there somewhere. I feel its going to pass him by and he should just start focusing on the short form of the game (ODIs and 20/20s)

1. Renshaw
2. Burns
3. Patterson
4. Lehman
5. Lynn
6. Valente
7. Whiteman
8. Cummins
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. W.Agar

??

Handscombe from Victoria would be a candidate for the wicket keeper. Averages almost 40 with the bat and impresses me with his work behind the stumps. Bit like Peter Neville.

Lynn has talent but he just can't keep fit long enough.

Handscombe from Victoria would be a candidate for the wicket keeper. Averages almost 40 with the bat and impresses me with his work behind the stumps. Bit like Peter Neville.

Lynn has talent but he just can't keep fit long enough.

I agree with both points, I actually forgot about Handscomb but completely agree, very talented. As for Lynn, it really is a pity. Is he injured again?

I agree with both points, I actually forgot about Handscomb but completely agree, very talented. As for Lynn, it really is a pity. Is he injured again?

Yep will miss One Day comp; hopefully back for first Shield game.

Same shoulder as last season.

1. Renshaw
2. Burns
3. Patterson
4. Lehman
5. Lynn
6. Valente
7. Whiteman
8. Cummins
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. W.Agar

??

Hilton Cartwright, Bancroft, Paris, Behrendorff, and Handscombe are all quality as well.

1. Renshaw
2. Burns
3. Patterson
4. Lehman
5. Lynn
6. Valente
7. Whiteman
8. Cummins
9. Swepson
10. Steketee
11. W.Agar

??

Of the A team that played against India a few weeks ago- one of the top 6 had an average more than 40.

That used to be the pass mark- wouldn't even get you a mention in the Test team once. Few guys need to get that up near 50 or above- the gap between Warner and Smith and what is coming though is alarming.

Hilton Cartwright, Bancroft, Paris, Behrendorff, and Handscombe are all quality as well.

Bancroft had two solid/good summers now averages 38 from 42 games.

That's not Test cricket and at a strike rate of 41.

He's slowed up too much.

Of the A team that played against India a few weeks ago- one of the top 6 had an average more than 40.

That used to be the pass mark- wouldn't even get you a mention in the Test team once. Few guys need to get that up near 50 or above- the gap between Warner and Smith and what is coming though is alarming.

Yep you aren't wrong that's for sure. It's why Lynn needs to get his body right somehow. If he played consistently, he'd be in the Aussie team for sure. The only good that looks really decent other than him is Lehmann and he hasn't played for that long yet.

I know now this would be considered unrealistic but for me, Renshaw is the next opener in, Lynn next middle order bat followed by Lehmann then Patterson. There is just something about Patterson that I really rate. Of course ahead is the one they will gamble on next and while I'm not against it, I'm not exactly for it either.

What do you guys think about the keeper? Our current guy promised so much and has delivered so little. His keeping is a step up on Wade and Hardin but his batting has been tail-ender like (So has MMarsh unfortunately too to be fair). I don't think you can carry an underperforming all rounder at 6 AND 7 which is effectively what they are doing. Should Handscomb be given a shot? If not him, Whiteman?

Would be great if we both Finch and Maxwell had a defensive technique. Their batting was awesome to watch yesterday against NSW. Shame they aren't great at the longer form.

For us to have the best chance against the Proteas i believe the best batters need to be picked on form and not reputation but I also recon the australian selectors will go with a pretty similar side to the usual

I believe we can trouble the Proteas by picking a fast bowling line up and trouble them with the famous bounce in australian pitches especially the Wacca

I believe the first test teams will look something like this

Australia

1. David Warner (VC)
2. Joe Burns
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Steve Smith (C)
5. Adam Voges
6. Moses Henriques
7. Peter Neville
8. Mitch Starc
9. Josh Hazlewood
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon

12. Pat Cummins
13. Jason Behrendorf

For us to have the best chance against the Proteas i believe the best batters need to be picked on form and not reputation but I also recon the australian selectors will go with a pretty similar side to the usual

I believe we can trouble the Proteas by picking a fast bowling line up and trouble them with the famous bounce in australian pitches especially the Wacca

Australia

1. David Warner (VC)
2. Joe Burns
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Steve Smith (C)
5. Adam Voges
6. Moses Henriques
7. Peter Neville
8. Mitch Starc
9. Josh Hazlewood
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon

12. Pat Cummins
13. Jason Behrendorf

You’re dropping Marsh who was only brought in last Test and is coming off 130? Khawaja and Burns haven’t scored any runs to get back in since dropped in Sri Lanka- Marsh is injured so they might get back in anyway but the reasoning can’t be runs scored.

You’re keeping Henriques with a last test scores of 4 and 4 and an average of 23 but don’t want to pick guys on reputation?

South Africa hold no fear of Perth- It’s their ground!

They chased a massive 414 and won there in 2008 and won the series- first time we’ve lost at home since 1988.
They won by 309 runs in 2012 to win the series here again.

Yep you aren't wrong that's for sure. It's why Lynn needs to get his body right somehow. If he played consistently, he'd be in the Aussie team for sure. The only good that looks really decent other than him is Lehmann and he hasn't played for that long yet.

I know now this would be considered unrealistic but for me, Renshaw is the next opener in, Lynn next middle order bat followed by Lehmann then Patterson. There is just something about Patterson that I really rate. Of course ahead is the one they will gamble on next and while I'm not against it, I'm not exactly for it either.

What do you guys think about the keeper? Our current guy promised so much and has delivered so little. His keeping is a step up on Wade and Hardin but his batting has been tail-ender like (So has MMarsh unfortunately too to be fair). I don't think you can carry an underperforming all rounder at 6 AND 7 which is effectively what they are doing. Should Handscomb be given a shot? If not him, Whiteman?

Nevill is safe. I wouldn't change it.

Australia

1. David Warner (VC)
2. Joe Burns
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Steve Smith (C)
5. Adam Voges
6. Moses Henriques
7. Peter Neville
8. Mitch Starc
9. Josh Hazlewood
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon

12. Pat Cummins
13. Jason Behrendorf

This is more likely

1. David Warner
2. Shaun Marsh (Burns if Marsh is out)
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Steve Smith
5. Adam Voges
6. Mitchell Marsh
7. Peter Neville
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Peter Siddle
10. Josh Hazelwood
11. Nathan Lyon

Bird wont get the nod at the WACA. His half assed pies will be smashed from pillar to post there. You need effort bowlers there

Pat Cummins is back playing too so don't discount him either.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.