Australian Open thread

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well... why not? The lead-ups are all but done and dusted and I reckon it's time that this one came out of the woodwork again.

So who is everyone liking for the titles? Federer looked mighty impressive at Kooyong after a quiet period by his standards. Should be interesting!

Still think Serena Williams has a lot of improving in her game yet. Neither the mens nor womens titles are sure things IMO.

My (hypothetical) money's on Federer.

But as ever, i'll be cheering on Marat Safin!!!!!

Coxy said:
Safin Safina double! :P

It's hard to believe they are from the same family. Hell, I think I'd almost rather tap Marat than Dinara.

I think a relative smokey like Andy Murray is a good chance in the mens.

One of the Williams sisters will take out the womens. They only challenges they will get are from Jankovic and probably Sharapova

Smokey? Murray is favourite with Federer! To answer Mick's question, I think Federer looked really good today and I think he's the true favourite. Djokovic looks mentally fragile at the moment and Nadal will struggle to make the final after getting an exceptionally tough draw.

Most year's a real smokey comes through the ranks (Schuettler, Johannson, Baggy, Gonzalez, Tsonga) to make the final and this year I'm hoping that Juan Martin Del Potro or Sam Querrey will be the man this year. Watch out for Monfils too, who knocked off Nadal a couple of weeks back.

For the women (p.s. Sharapova is out) I think Dinara Safina has got a really good draw. I can see her or Dementieva being the top woman this year (a claim I will stand by if Williams win, seeing as I said woman)

Haha fair enough, I didnt know he'd be favourite. I just figured it would be Federer and or Nadal.

Well he can't help that. The law says while he's alive and able to breathe he must.

Surely there's more to it...I gather he's behaving in some way that's bad in his match against some Italian mofo?

Dunno but he's actually winning the match 2 sets to 1!!!

Yep, he seems to be a tiebreak expert. 4th set is in a tie break too, and he's up 2-1 and serving.

No, I can't read. He's down 6-4 and serving, so he's probably going to be 2 sets all shortly.

Tomic wins.. well done to him that is a huge effort for a 16yr old!!!

ZOMG! Tomic managed to win that tie break too and win the match 3-1.

Haha, pretentious arrogant little turd won. Maybe he is the new Hewitt? ;-)

How is Tomic any different to any other tennis player???

Why are we all anti-Tomic? Not disagreeing, I just haven't seen very much of him... [icon_shru

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Bronx48
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • eggstar10
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • kat00
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Johnny92
  • Gray
  • Accept
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.