Australian Test/ODI Teams For Windies Tour Announced.

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
TEST SQUAD

Matthew Hayden
Phil Jaques
Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Michael Clarke
Andrew Symonds
Simon Katich
Brad Haddin
Ashley Noffke
Beau Casson
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Stuart Clark
Stuart MacGill
Ben Hilfenhaus

ODI SQUAD

Matthew Hayden
Michael Clarke
Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Andrew Symonds
David Hussey
Shaun Marsh
Cameron White
Brad Haddin
James Hopes
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Bracken
Stuart Clark

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wivaus/ ... 44628.html

Michael Clarke has also named the new vice-captain.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wivaus/ ... 44635.html

Major JW Hochstetter said:
TEST SQUAD

Matthew Hayden
Phil Jaques
Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Michael Clarke
Andrew Symonds
Simon Katich
Brad Haddin
Ashley Noffke
Beau Casson
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Stuart Clark
Stuart MacGill
Ben Hilfenhaus

ODI SQUAD

Matthew Hayden
Michael Clarke
Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Andrew Symonds
David Hussey
Shaun Marsh
Cameron White
Brad Haddin
James Hopes
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Nathan Bracken
Stuart Clark

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wivaus/ ... 44628.html

Michael Clarke has also named the new vice-captain.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/wivaus/ ... 44635.html

A few surprises, at least from someone that hasn't followed the Pura cup much recently:

Beau Casson (who is he? where's he from?)
Shaun Marsh
Ashley Noffke not in the one day squad

Simon Katich deserves to be back given his runs during the summer. I'd say Jaques needs to keep on his toes.

Both really good squads and it is hard to find places for the young and up and comers. Noffke shoudl be ahead of Clark in the one day squad do to all round ability. Clark is a top bowler

Interesting that they didn't name a 2nd keeper for the test squad. Would have been good to see who they have in mind as Haddin's back up. Not a fan of Cameron White at all - would much prefer to see Chris Simpson in there.

Glad they picked Casson. I really hope he is picked for the first test instead of MacGill.

I like White's batting and his fielding, I hate his bowling. I wish Warne would spend an entire winter teaching him to slow it down and spin it because he has the other facets of the game down pat.

Great to see Noffke there!

Good to see Katich back in the Test squad as well, he deserves it. But I hope he never, ever goes anywhere near the ODI side.

Well done to Ash Noffke, well deserved but agree should be in One-day side also. Not sure re Shaun Marsh eusa_think

Ditto everyone's thoughts on Noffke - a thoroughly deserved call up to the test squad but should have been a walk up for the ODI's as well. Fantastic to see David Hussey in the ODI squad - I predict he will take his brother's spot in the test squad before too long. Gee our spinning depth is suspect - Casson and MacGill got a few wickets in the Pura Cup final but the pitch was a dustbowl - lucky the Windies can't bat so this means a few more wickets for them I suppose. Fair enough Katich getting back in but surely against such a weak opposition we could have blooded someone who could be around for the next 7-10 years????

Same with the ODI team - great to see Sean Marsh in the team - son of Geoff who was a rock at the top of the order for us 20 years ago but his young fella can score a bit quicker. I reckon it's time to go back to where we were 10-15 years ago with seperate Test and ODI teams - there are some young kids running around that should be bought into the frey - George Bailey, Tim Paine and Brendan Drew from Tassie, Luke Pomersbach from WA have been killing it for the last season or 2 - especially in the One Dayers. Our team in both forms of the game is very old - I know they carried on like idiots but they showed what youth can do for your cricket team in the ODI's

I've been saying it for years and now its official - Simon Katich is the greatest cricketer of all time!

Great to be back boys. icon_thumbs_u :mrgreen:

Denny Crane said:
I've been saying it for years and now its official - Simon Katich is the greatest cricketer of all time!

Great to be back boys. icon_thumbs_u :mrgreen:

thats a bit of a stretch... does the name Don Bradman ring a bell.

Does the phrase "tongue in cheek" ring a bell? [icon_wink

Obvious April fools prank seeing Katich in the squad! [icon_lol1. [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

Ahh yes.. Ol Donny. Supplies my smallgoods - good fella that. icon_thumbs_u

Woody said:
Obvious April fools prank seeing Katich in the squad! [icon_lol1. [icon_wink [icon_lol1.

Scored more runs this season than a pommy on holiday in India.

It's strange to no longer see Gilly's name in the squads

Good squads, cant see the windies beating us on the roads that they will produce on the tour! Chanderpaul is their only hope, particularly if gayle decides to play the entire IPL tournament instead of the test matches against us.

I do however agree that Noffers should be in the ODI squad ahead of clark. Marsh is a strange choice but he is in form and he is young which is good.

Casson is also a pretty good choice, bowls steadily, bats better than most bowlers (not noffers of course!) and he adds a bit of variety to the attack, away from the normal leg spinners that we have been aiming to take on most tours.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manlyman
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • Skathen
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • azza.79
  • Footy Fanatic
  • maddo
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.