SPOILER Avengers 3 - Infinity War

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
  • Staff
Wow, what a culling! Some surprising choices there, starting with Spidey, pretty much the whole Guardians of the Galaxy team and Black Panther, given the movie reviews.

Good movie imo, although with everything going on, it probably deserved and needed more time, possibly even 2 parts, as a lot of the characters interactions was perhaps too shallow.

Kuddos to Marvel for pulling the trigger and for once not finishing with the super-heroes on top. I was actually gonna say no happy ending, but in a way, it kinda is. Doesn't mean that as a fan of some of these characters, it didn't hurt...

RIP

- White Wolf
- Loki
- Black Panther
- Doctor Strange
- Drax
- Mantis
- Vision
- Gamora :glasscageofemotion:
- Spidey :glasscageofemotion:
- Star-Lord :glasscageofemotion:
- Heimdall :glasscageofemotion:
- Scarlet Witch :thebadmantookbaxter:
- Groot :thebadmantookbaxter:

Fucking Thanos Tree Hugging Left Extremist... :angry:

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Hi guys (and gals...and anyone who identifies as anything else),

I think Avengers in many ways is now rivaling Star Wars in terms of 'discussionability', so instead of posting in the movie thread where people like me might stumble across an unspoiler tagged spoiler, please go for your life in here and discuss away.

I very much look forward to joining the discussion post-10th May when it is finally released here where I live.

ENJOY!

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Surprised that both Captain America and Iron Man made it. Thought for sure one of them going would add to the drama of the Avengers break up.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
Surprised that both Captain America and Iron Man made it. Thought for sure one of them going would add to the drama of the Avengers break up.
One or both will die for sure in Avengers 4.

Notice how every character with movies still to come is now dead (Black Panther, the Guardians, Spidey etc), while all the characters without future movies (notably the entire original Avengers roster) are still kicking? There's definitely something up with that.

I don't think it was as simple as Thanos just killing half the universe. There's got to be some reality warping, possibly universe splitting shenanigans going on.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff

Notice how every character with movies still to come is now dead (Black Panther, the Guardians, Spidey etc), while all the characters without future movies (notably the entire original Avengers roster) are still kicking? There's definitely something up with that.

I don't think it was as simple as Thanos just killing half the universe. There's got to be some reality warping, possibly universe splitting shenanigans going on.
Been seriously thinking about that. Allows for the characters to exist in an alternate universe, while also being a happy ending I could live with!

P.S. I was also convinced one of Captain America / Iron Man would cark it in this movie.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
I'm pretty sure anyone who "died" via that snap of the fingers will be brought back in Avengers 4. Strange said there was only 1 possibility to defeat Thanos, which he presumably executed by saving Stark & letting Thanos win essentially. There's obviously a way to reverse the deaths.

The only characters who seem dead for good are Loki, Vision & Gamora.

They kind of gave it away by showing Buckie die. He's not dying. Sebastian Stan has a 9 movie contract.

Last edited:

Jason Simmons

NRL Player

Yep, the Soul Stone was responsible for that I’m thinking, with Adam Warlock to come along and undo it...

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Serious tho Doc Strange could have just undone all of Thanos’ shenanigans with the time stone
I assume that was nearly all of the 1 million possible outcomes he thought of, all resulting in Thanos winning regardless.

Pretty sure Strange made the only play that would result in an "end game" win, as he said.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
This was probably the outcome with the least "conventional casualties", in the sense of actual deaths instead of being beamed into an alternate universe (if this theory holds water).

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Still would have liked to see Thanos actually kill a major player directly ala the comics.

Nice cameo from Red Skull, and Tobias from Arrested Development!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter