SPOILER Avengers 3 - Infinity War

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Drax had some beauties didn't he, whole cinema was laughing their ass off.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"1 hour."
Seriously thought he was gone when he got cubed. The scene with Thor and the Guardians was :superhappythumbsup:

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
So there are theories are that Strange saw something amongst the possible outcomes which is why he gave over the Stone

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
I watched it tonight instead of the Broncos. [HASHTAG]#priorities[/HASHTAG].

It looks like they're setting it up to be very similar to the comic books, which I think it's good. As someone else said - characters that died have movies in the works so I assume all will be back. It will just be interesting as to how they do it.

Overall I was blown away. The only bad thing was that there was no Sherlock gag between RDJ and Cumberbatch.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I thought the movie was 10/10 until the end. Because we know it’s not permanent. GOTG, Spiderman, there are a heap of characters that have more movies to come.

Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock are obvious. Don’t discount Hulk though.

Hulk’s refusal to manifest served zero purpose in this movie, so it likely has something to do with the sequel. Interestingly, back when I was X-Men mad in the mid/late 90s, there was a storyline with Onslought where in the end the only way to defeat him was for the heroes to all absorb his power and allow themselves to be killed (they obviously didn’t die permanently, they threw in a reboot / alt universe thing that allowed them to come back). In that scene, there was too much power for the Avengers / Fantasic Four / others to contain, until Banner jumps in too. The Hulk entity apparently involves immense energy and Banner’s body is conditioned to contain it.

There might be something in this - maybe the Hulk learned that the energy of the Infinity Stones can be drained or contained (GOTG 1 shows something of it being contained). He had opportunity to learn of this either before or after Thor Ragnarok. His refusal to manifest might be to preserve himself for the end-game.

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
NZ
9/10 for me.

Geez I was thinking for a sec Thanos could be the hero of the movie with trying to balance things out :porthozthinksthisishot:
For a bad guy he seems to have a lot on his mind :confusing: Great action right from the start, funny bits tossed in here and there (although it was getting a lil bit much) and the fade aways at the end :thebadmantookbaxter: Seeing Red Skull I didn't click at all. Stormbreaker looks awesome.

Sets up a BIG part 2.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Serious tho Doc Strange could have just undone all of Thanos’ shenanigans with the time stone
Or even the scene where they have Thanos incapacitated, instead of trying to rip the gauntlet off him, Strange should just open & close a portal around his arm to dismember it. Or around his neck! Job done, the universe survives!

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
First of all, holy shit that movie was amazing. I need to watch it again to see what I have missed

Some thoughts
1. We already knew Captain Marvel was coming but I expected her to save the day. She is stronger than both Thor and Hulk.
2. If I remember correctly, which I probably don't but that doesn't the Cauldron of the Cosmos thing Tony Stark was leaning on when he met Dr. Strange gives Strange some form of time travel.
3. Where were Valkyrie, Ant-Man and Hawkeye?
4. I am fairly sure Vision isn't dead. The whole "You have parts of everyone" thing explains it. Plus Vision had heaps of different bodies in the comic.
5. Did a bomb or anything go off in the battle with Thanos? In the comic something blew up and created something called the Inhumans. Could this be changed into Mutants to eventually introduce the X-Men now that Disney owns them too?
6. The scene with Thanos and Gamora after everyone died makes me think the people who faded away aren't exactly dead, but their souls are stuck in the Soul Stone.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
I'm pretty convinced Tony Stark will be wielding the Infinity Gauntlet and reversing it, he seems to be running parallel to Thanos.

Ant man and the Wasp are getting their own movie soon set after civil war and before infinity war, and Captain Marvel is out next year before part 2 of inifinity war.

Also wondering if they will replace Death from the comics with Hela in the MCU as Thanos had the hots for her. Makes sense to use the goddess of death as her replacement.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I'm pretty convinced Tony Stark will be wielding the Infinity Gauntlet and reversing it, he seems to be running parallel to Thanos.

Ant man and the Wasp are getting their own movie soon set after civil war and before infinity war, and Captain Marvel is out next year before part 2 of inifinity war.

Also wondering if they will replace Death from the comics with Hela in the MCU as Thanos had the hots for her. Makes sense to use the goddess of death as her replacement.
Did you think the Red Skull was Death when he popped up? I did.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
I'm pretty sure anyone who "died" via that snap of the fingers will be brought back in Avengers 4. Strange said there was only 1 possibility to defeat Thanos, which he presumably executed by saving Stark & letting Thanos win essentially. There's obviously a way to reverse the deaths.

The only characters who seem dead for good are Loki, Vision & Gamora.

They kind of gave it away by showing Buckie die. He's not dying. Sebastian Stan has a 9 movie contract.
That's my thoughts too.

The big money guys (Evans, Downey Jnr, Johannsen and Hems worth) all lived while the new or relatively new characters died. I think they'll find a way to reverse the genocide but it will cost most of them.

Last edited:

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
So my daughter watched it the other day and the dumbass that I am asked her about THAT Spidey scene, felt bad when she teared up about it lol

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Yeah, not buying the deaths at all tbh. The "end game" line from Dr Strange seals it as far as I'm concerned. He saw only one avenue where they win......surely that's the avenue he takes. But is the win what we think? I'm 100% sure there will be actual deaths, but not all of the ones we just witnessed. I'm subscribing to the theory that the dead are trapped within the soul stone. If not, **** you Thanos, Drax is a boss!!!!

I knew deaths were coming.....it's hard to completely avoid spoilers thanks to social media, but everything I'd glimpsed pointed to it all being at the end. I shit myself during the scene with the collector.......I thought that was it for several of them. Feel free to post it in a spoiler, but would someone with more knowledge of the comics tell me what happens in those? Clintos Clintos I'm looking at you.

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
That's my thoughts too.

The big money guys (Evans, Downey Jnr, Johannsen and Hems worth) all died while the new or relatively new characters survived. I think they'll find a way to reverse the genocide but it will cost most of them.
Evans, Downey Jnr, Johannsen, and Hemsworth's characters are all still alive...

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Yeah, not buying the deaths at all tbh. The "end game" line from Dr Strange seals it as far as I'm concerned. He saw only one avenue where they win......surely that's the avenue he takes. But is the win what we think? I'm 100% sure there will be actual deaths, but not all of the ones we just witnessed. I'm subscribing to the theory that the dead are trapped within the soul stone. If not, **** you Thanos, Drax is a boss!!!!

I knew deaths were coming.....it's hard to completely avoid spoilers thanks to social media, but everything I'd glimpsed pointed to it all being at the end. I shit myself during the scene with the collector.......I thought that was it for several of them. Feel free to post it in a spoiler, but would someone with more knowledge of the comics tell me what happens in those? Clintos Clintos I'm looking at you.
Which bits from the comics are you looking for?

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
It's very spoilery. I'm not giving it away. A simple Google search will reveal it all if you genuinely want to know.

You only need to look back at past interviews to know what happens. A few people have drawn mention to filming a series with basically every actor in the MCU in the one scene - including actors that didn't appear in the first film.

As emotional as it was to see the end of the film, it's so ridiculously obvious that everyone is coming back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter