SPOILER Avengers 3 - Infinity War

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Adam and Captain Marvel are the big players here, they have to be.

I think you guys are right, the ones who survived this movie won’t be surviving the next, for real. Most of them anyway.

Deadset, that movie was the very definition of epic! It wasn’t perfect but goodness me, it was close. What an amazing job to pull all those characters together...and the Tobias cameo, woot!

I think Vision had something in mind (pun intended) that wasn’t revealed, just not sure what.

Hulk is a trump card, Thor will be super important once again and there is a reason Ant-Man and Hawkeye were absent, I have a theory on that.

Not your typical Marvel ending that’s for sure and actually left with a bit of shock...particularly after the post-credit scene, even Fury gone, the wily old fox.

And wow, that’s gonna affect the TV shows in the MCU for sure.

Can not wait a year for the next one!

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Adam and Captain Marvel are the big players here, they have to be.

I think you guys are right, the ones who survived this movie won’t be surviving the next, for real. Most of them anyway.

Deadset, that movie was the very definition of epic! It wasn’t perfect but goodness me, it was close. What an amazing job to pull all those characters together...and the Tobias cameo, woot!

I think Vision had something in mind (pun intended) that wasn’t revealed, just not sure what.

Hulk is a trump card, Thor will be super important once again and there is a reason Ant-Man and Hawkeye were absent, I have a theory on that.

Not your typical Marvel ending that’s for sure and actually left with a bit of shock...particularly after the post-credit scene, even Fury gone, the wily old fox.

And wow, that’s gonna affect the TV shows in the MCU for sure.

Can not wait a year for the next one!
Care to expand on that?

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
I don't think Adam will be in Avengers 5 unless he's in Captain Marvel. He needs an intro to the Marvel universe so it'll be GoTG3 or Captain Marvel but not A5.

bb_gun

NRL Player
I don't think Adam will be in Avengers 5 unless he's in Captain Marvel. He needs an intro to the Marvel universe so it'll be GoTG3 or Captain Marvel but not A5.
I don't think the timeline matches up for him to appear in Captain Marvel. He's still being created in GotG2, right? Unless there's some kind of flash forward scenario.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
This is true, the GotT timeline is a little askew in regards to the other Marvel films.
I do agree it's pretty unlikely he'll be in Captain Marvel anyway, the Sovereigns seem to be creating him to get back at the Guardians so it wouldn't make sense for him to be in Captain Marvel.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Care to expand on that?
Just a hypothetical but let's say Ant-Man saw what was happening with people disappearing all around him and decided to go sub-atomic (or maybe ends up there again at the end of the next movie), could bring the universe back to being 'unbalanced'. he could get inside the guantlet and get it off, etc, especially if Thanos underestimates him. I do wonder where Hawkeye was but I have a feeling he isn't missing without a reason.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I don't see any of them dying, and if some do die, it won't be the main guys.

Thor now has a weapon that can kill Thanos. Okay, so they just track him down and kill him. Simple. He would already be dead if Thor aimed for the head. Then they will have stones that can literally reverse everything.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I don't see any of them dying, and if some do die, it won't be the main guys.

Thor now has a weapon that can kill Thanos. Okay, so they just track him down and kill him. Simple. He would already be dead if Thor aimed for the head. Then they will have stones that can literally reverse everything.
Not sure it can work like that tbh......

If you've seen the Dr Strange movie there's a definite reluctance to tamper with that sort of thing. I agree that the guys who died at the end aren't dead, no way do they kill off Spiderman for example....but I'm sure we've seen the last of Loki and Hymdal. Gamora seems to be stuck within the soul stone or something similar. I can see a few of the original cast, eg Cap being killed somehow in the next one though.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Should have just Dr Stranged Thanos’ hand with the gauntlet attached, teleported it somewhere else and closed the portal. Just like they did with one of his grunts earlier.

I know these aren’t supposed to be realistic but geez, there were so many ways to defeat him.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Should have just Dr Stranged Thanos’ hand with the gauntlet attached, teleported it somewhere else and closed the portal. Just like they did with one of his grunts earlier.

I know these aren’t supposed to be realistic but geez, there were so many ways to defeat him.
You’re thinking too much - SLEEEEEEEEEEP!

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Does anyone else think that Banner couldn't turn into the Hulk because it's actually Loki impersonating Banner?

That's one of the theories being thrown around.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Does anyone else think that Banner couldn't turn into the Hulk because it's actually Loki impersonating Banner?

That's one of the theories being thrown around.
No because he was shown arguing with the Hulk when he's in the Iron Man suit. Plus a myriad of other reasons that I can't be arsed going into.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Not sure it can work like that tbh......

If you've seen the Dr Strange movie there's a definite reluctance to tamper with that sort of thing. I agree that the guys who died at the end aren't dead, no way do they kill off Spiderman for example....but I'm sure we've seen the last of Loki and Hymdal. Gamora seems to be stuck within the soul stone or something similar. I can see a few of the original cast, eg Cap being killed somehow in the next one though.
I don't see why it can't work like that. If you haven't read the comics then don't read this.

That's exactly what happens in the comics. Nebula manages to get the gauntlet off Thanos and everything is reset to the way it was before his finger snap. Thanos is convinced by Warlock to stop being a murderous douchebag and ends up going to live on a quiet farm, which is where he is at the end of Infinity War so the producers could do exactly that.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
The urge to read that is strong, but I won't.

As I said, I agree that the ones that died at the end aren't actually dead as such. But the other two I mentioned, IMO, are. Bringing that pair back would require the use of the time stone because they died prior to the completion of the Gauntlet, which I can't see Strange allowing....the others were "killed" with it so that could be the difference? No idea tbh

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I haven't been keeping up to date on the latest news, but it sounds like Captain America will die.

Maybe... There is pretty strong evidence that time travel via the Time Stone will be crucial to defeating Thanos and there is a strong theory based on his vision in Avengers 2, that he will stay in the past and meet up with Peggy Carter and live out a normal life post-Thanos with her in an altered timeline...

So it may be a fade into the sunset scenario, until needed...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter