Awards

But good on Macca I think he was having a great year and was really improving his attack. Losing him is was really hurt us and I hope he comes back in 2018 and keep the form and improving coming.

Rigged. When your dad is head coach
I'm just as perplexed as to why Boyd got best back over Roberts, or even Oates who I think improved this year when he was not injured. But I doubt our own awards are rigged against our own players, that's tin foil hatting to the extreme...

Macca played well in his 18 games and wouldn't have thought it was weird he got it if he played the whole year, but he didn't play that well that McGuire or Gillett wouldn't have overtaken him with the extra games they played.

Also, Glenn was consistent... but McGuire was consistently better. Doesn't the standard matter with the "most consistent" award?

And finally, why the hell don't the finals games count? I can understand that for the dally m's as half the players don't get the chance to play in them, but all these guys get the same opportunity. I don't understand that at all...

I'm just as perplexed as to why Boyd got best back over Roberts, or even Oates who I think improved this year when he was not injured. But I doubt our own awards are rigged against our own players, that's tin foil hatting to the extreme...

Macca played well in his 18 games and wouldn't have thought it was weird he got it if he played the whole year, but he didn't play that well that McGuire or Gillett wouldn't have overtaken him with the extra games they played.

Also, Glenn was consistent... but McGuire was consistently better. Doesn't the standard matter with the "most consistent" award?

And finally, why the hell don't the finals games count? I can understand that for the dally m's as half the players don't get the chance to play in them, but all these guys get the same opportunity. I don't understand that at all...

The worry is now that Boyd got best back does he also get that pay rise?

The worry is now that Boyd got best back does he also get that pay rise?
I don't think "but he won the best back award at the broncos awards night!" would hold any sway in negotiations...

Otherwise I'd want new management running the broncos tbh...

No Rookie of the year this time around?

Even I was surprised Macca won the Paul Morgan award. But I guess it goes to show he is well-and-truly underrated on this forum. He had an outstanding season.

Put you agenda aside, and look at the stats mate.
haha I have no agenda against Mccullough. He is actually my favourite player and will be till he retires or leaves. Loved him since his debut. So no agenda.
If you think about it no one was really better than him, no player made any real headlines for the Broncos so it is a fair call.

Players' player is normally a good judge, McCullough was ranked by the other players the best so winning the player of the year isn't a stretch.

Same with Boyd, highest ranked back in player of the year so not hard to win best back.

Players' player is normally a good judge, McCullough was ranked by the other players the best so winning the player of the year isn't a stretch.

Same with Boyd, highest ranked back in player of the year so not hard to win best back.
Does the coach vote as well?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.