NEWS Badel: Milford to stay

When the alternative is modern day Darius Boyd, having Isaako at 1 is going to be like having prime Lockyer come out of retirement.
This has been massively overlooked. We're coming off such a low base from last year that it's virtually impossible for Isaako to be statistically worse or less productive.

I spoke about this in 2017 when Isaako was fullback of the year, which was the last time he played fullback. He played 23 games that year for Souths. His running game and ability to break tackles was terrific, although there was a period in the middle where he lulled there too and he started the year slowly.

He had 12 line breaks from 23 games and 108 tackle breaks with six line break assists. He just didn't do anything for anyone else.

Hughes for example had 12 line break assists from 14 games.
Drinkwater 10 from 17 games.

He had massive metre gain games, he started the year slowly and took until round four to even break 100m against the Bears but then went huge 228m with 11 tackle breaks.

That's where his run started from there he went 191m against Seagulls and 202m Norths,

He ended with 2993m and 1249 kick return meters.

But he lacked the attention to detail you want in your fullback- 14 handling errors and not even in the top 50 for support play- while Dolphins fullback Ahearn had 223 and Bears fullback Rowe had 205 to be top two.

Isaako was very good for NZ. Maybe playing with RTS instead of Boyd had something to do with it I dno, but he was very good.

Last edited:
Isaako was very good for NZ. Maybe playing with RTS instead of Boyd had something to do with it I dno, but he was very good.

Very good is an understatement, he was electric.

He deserves first dibs at fullback for mine, that whiny captain on the wing might still affect his confidence though.

Active Now

• Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.