NEWS Badel: Paix could end Macca misery

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel writes in the CM:

Cronk clone Cory Paix is being groomed to be the 14 behind Turpin, threatening to end Macca's career. A junior halfback, now panelbeaten into a blooming hooker at Redcliffe. Seibold digs his general vibe. Possible starter week one, with Macca put to pasture at North's. But that's pure speculation, so don't go banking it. It's Badel, after all. He has to find something to write about.

Contrary to previous reporting by this very source, Croft is not in the 2020 leadership group, despite joining the big knobs bonding camp in Tassie. He was only there to eat the biscuit. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
That last part about the biscuit went wayyyy over my head at least but anyway lol

It is speculation + Badel so not much to go on, but I am a believer that McC's days are done. He'll tolerate Norths for all of 5 rounds then he'll take a nice sack to go to England to play for some gypsy Super League team.

That last part about the biscuit went wayyyy over my head at least but anyway lol

It is speculation + Badel so not much to go on, but I am a believer that McC's days are done. He'll tolerate Norths for all of 5 rounds then he'll take a nice sack to go to England to play for some gypsy Super League team.
I meant to add: the main takeway is that Badel - read Courier Mail - has turned on Macca, in the way they turned on Bennett. They will get louder and louder until they get their man. Macca's days at the Broncos are clearly numbered.

Is the headline an actual quote?

I’m in the bye-bye Macca train as much as anyone but that’s harsh from a media outlet haha.

2021 will see Seibold finally be able to field a team he has designed. Kniko, Moose, Roberts, Kahu, Macca, and Boyd all out the door, possibly Milford and Bird.

Seibold must improve of last years results to deserve to keep his gig, but 2021 onwards there will be 0 excuses. We will see what he is really made of, and whether the club made the right move in bringing him in long term.

Badel writes in the CM:

Cronk clone Cory Paix is being groomed to be the 14 behind Turpin, threatening to end Macca's career. A junior halfback, now panelbeaten into a blooming hooker at Redcliffe. Seibold digs his general vibe. Possible starter week one, with Macca put to pasture at North's. But that's pure speculation, so don't go banking it. It's Badel, after all. He has to find something to write about.

Contrary to previous reporting by this very source, Croft is not in the 2020 leadership group, despite joining the big knobs bonding camp in Tassie. He was only there to eat the biscuit. If that makes sense.
Hope it wasn't seibolds biscuit!!

I’m in the bye-bye Macca train as much as anyone but that’s harsh from a media outlet haha.

2021 will see Seibold finally be able to field a team he has designed. Kniko, Moose, Roberts, Kahu, Macca, and Boyd all out the door, possibly Milford and Bird.
I'm not recycling headlines right now. Says "could" end Macca's career. But you can tell this is what they're hoping. Have edited it.

Last edited:
He even dresses like a hooker. But hands to yourself coach. He works hard for his money.

E051834f7602aa460bc6e336e5d55609

Toronto are looking for a 9 to shuffle the ball to their $10 million dollar man

Meanwhile here's what Tim Williams at the Tele is predicting our Round One lineup will be:

Brisbane Broncos

1.Jamayne Isaako
2.Corey Oates
3.Jack Bird
4.Kotoni Staggs
5.Darius Boyd
6.Anthony Milford
7.Brodie Croft
8.Matt Lodge
9.Jake Turpin
10.Payne Haas
11.David Fifita
12.Alex Glenn
13.Tevita Pangai Jnr

14.Andrew McCullough
15.Joe Ofahengaue
16.Tom Flegler
17.Patrick Carrigan

Contentious positions:
Outside of recruit Brodie Croft, the make-up of the spine remains up for grabs. Jamayne Isaako is likely to start at fullback, Anthony Milford at five-eighth and Jake Turpin at hooker ahead of veteran Andrew McCullough.

Seibold must improve of last years results to deserve to keep his gig, but 2021 onwards there will be 0 excuses. We will see what he is really made of, and whether the club made the right move in bringing him in long term.

Honestly, anything short of a top 4 should see him punted. They had a predicted line ups story today online and I wouldn’t take anyone else’s squad over ours other than the roosters and storm.

we massively underachieved this year so scraping into the finals again with our squad just isn’t acceptable.

Meanwhile here's what Tim Williams at the Tele is predicting our Round One lineup will be:

Brisbane Broncos

1.Jamayne Isaako
2.Corey Oates
3.Jack Bird
4.Kotoni Staggs
5.Darius Boyd
6.Anthony Milford
7.Brodie Croft
8.Matt Lodge
9.Jake Turpin
10.Payne Haas
11.David Fifita
12.Alex Glenn
13.Tevita Pangai Jnr

14.Andrew McCullough
15.Joe Ofahengaue
16.Tom Flegler
17.Patrick Carrigan

Contentious positions:
Outside of recruit Brodie Croft, the make-up of the spine remains up for grabs. Jamayne Isaako is likely to start at fullback, Anthony Milford at five-eighth and Jake Turpin at hooker ahead of veteran Andrew McCullough.
This probably is what our team will be to be honest. I do hope they drop Boyd all together though.

This probably is what our team will be to be honest. I do hope they drop Boyd all together though.
Macca is not we need at 14. If he's to be on the bench it's at the expense of one of the other three or Alex Glenn, or more realistically, due to one of the others being injured.

Last edited:
Honestly, anything short of a top 4 should see him punted. They had a predicted line ups story today online and I wouldn’t take anyone else’s squad over ours other than the roosters and storm.

we massively underachieved this year so scraping into the finals again with our squad just isn’t acceptable.
Much better Bennett coached Broncos sides than that have failed to make the Top 4.

I do agree that at full strength though it's a healthy looking squad. I personally I feel most of the Top 4 sides have had their squads go backwards a bit so it's great to see ours being improved.

As for Top 4, it's definitely possible with that squad plus the better sides going slightly backwards. 25 Rounds is a long time though and so much can happen beyond your control. An injury to Croft or Turpin medium-long term instantly makes the whole thing look a lot more frail. Losing one of our Centres would really hurt too. We could also get dreadfully unlucky at Origin time and that may well cause us problems like it did with even the great Broncos sides of previous generations. The closer we are to Top 4 by mid year, the more likely we have guys called up for Origin.

Last edited:
Much better Bennett coached Broncos sides than that have failed to make the Top 4.

I do agree that at full strength though it's a healthy looking squad. I personally I feel most of the Top 4 sides have had their squads go backwards a bit so it's great to see ours being improved.

As for Top 4, it's definitely possible with that squad plus the better sides going slightly backwards. 25 Rounds is a long time though and so much can happen beyond your control. An injury to Croft or Turpin medium-long term instantly makes the whole thing look a lot more frail. Losing one of our Centres would really hurt too. We could also get dreadfully unlucky at Origin time and that may well cause us problems like it did with even the great Broncos sides of previous generations. The closer we are to Top 4 by mid year, the more likely we have guys called up for Origin.
It was more about how poor the rest of the teams stack up against ours rather than how good our squad is.

They listed the teams in the order they finished this year, you get to third and conincidentally it’s souffs. You look at their team next to ours and it becomes pretty clear why both Pies and WB wanted to coach Brisbane in 2020.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • Strop
  • jarro65
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.