NEWS Badel: Seibold won't send Darius to QLD Cup

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel quotes Seibold in the CM. Repeat of yesterday's story but different source.

Seibold scoffed at talk Boyd will be punted back down to ISC, but won't name him at captain yet. Glenn and Lodge are the other main contenders. Says the 317-game NRL veteran is too valuable as the most decorated player to put him to pasture. Denies saying any of the players are "on notice" but has said to them what needs to be said. And he's not happy about all the speculation.

Sure, whatever.

Points out Darius has a " lot of deposits in the bank" and that the Broncos "don’t have too many guys who have won premierships" let alone two. Notes he is a "special person off the field" and has the same opportunity as everyone else to make the opening match.

Yawn.

Won't comment on speculation that Boyd will be dumped as captain. Wants to keep their conversations "private," but confirms that while he's been training at centre he could start on the wing. Staggs looks like a lock-in as one centre. The question is whether Bird takes the other. Boyd started out as a winger at the Broncos in 2006. He and Glenn are the only players over 30, but Seibold says the squad is a good mix. Says there's stiff competition for spots, and it's really important they get six or eight weeks to really build "cohesion and connection."

Rinse and repeat.

McHunt

Last edited:
Welp, if he really wants to hitch his wagon to Boyds, that is his problem isn't it.

Could easily drop Bird and Boyd and play Arthars and Staggs in the centres. I don’t know how you leave Staggs out of the equation. Boyd must be playing wing.

I just knew some ridiculous metric like games played would see Boyd in the side. It's exactly what made me concerned about Kahu sneaking in. I'd prefer Kahu on the wing over Boyd.

I don’t mind this approach. If it works, cool. If it doesn’t then it’s apparent that he does not have anything left to offer. The club are giving him every opportunity to succeed. If he’s not up to it and the coach stands firm he won’t see out the season. Sink or swim Darbs.

I don’t mind this approach. If it works, cool. If it doesn’t then it’s apparent that he does not have anything left to offer. The club are giving him every opportunity to succeed. If he’s not up to it and the coach stands firm he won’t see out the season. Sink or swim Darbs.

Yup, agree. Look, I don't think Darius can cause too much damage out on the wing, as opposed to when he was fullback or 5/8 and he was clearly caught out all season. Let's give him the chance to prove he deserves to stay in the team (but only on the wing). If after a few games it is evident he is not putting in the effort, then he gets put out to QCup pasture.

Last edited:
I don’t get how anyone can even defend Boyd being in the 17.

He lost the plot at fullback which has been his prime position for the majority of his career, got shifted to 6 to try and justify a spot in the team and he derped it up there too.

I can’t even believe my ears when I hear that now he is likely to be given first crack at a centre or wing position. Fully fit, Bird and Staggs are the starting centres end of story. Unless they find a new position for Bird but with our current squad, centre is still his best position. Oates will be on one wing and I can’t fathom why you would pick Boyd over Farnsworth or Coates for the sake of sentiment.

They can hide behind the experience card all they like but **** lot of good Boyd’s ‘experience’ and leadership did last year.

Just because he was a good SOO winger doesn’t mean he would make a good NRL winger in the current climate. He played outside GI at origin level for starters and could actually run back then when he still had some inkling of confidence in his body.

Going to be fan fucking tastic sitting through another fucking season of torture when the likes of Maika Sivo and Ken Maumolo absolutely steam roll that fucking pea heart one on one for the easiest of tries. If this is allowed to happen and he keeps being picked Seibold can **** off right now.

Last edited:
I cant wait to Boo Boyd at every game. Each time he comes up on screen, each time hes named.

I cant wait to Boo Boyd at every game. Each time he comes up on screen, each time hes named.

If he is picked for Round 1 and it’s more of the same whilst Coates and Farnsworth are killing it in Q Cup, and Boyd gets picked again for Round 2, banners will be coming out because this saga is becoming beyond a joke.

If experience is such a priority, I’d rather drag current day Lockyer out of retirement who would probably still have more effect on winning a game than Boyd

**** that he sank two years ago... he's deeper than the fucking titanic at this stage and can **** off and play for the clydesdales (ie. not even good enough for ISC anymore)

Last edited by a moderator:
The bit i'm most curious to see if he backs up is this talk about having same opportunity as everyone else to make the opening match. I agree with the sentiment, but Boyd should only get the shirt if he is actually performing better than everyone else.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dreaglor
  • phoenix
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • bert_lifts
  • Jason Simmons
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosMan
  • Painin the Haas
  • Astro
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.