NEWS Badel with Bird

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if I felt that he would actually get dropped and made accountable for a long stretch of poor performances when the inevitable shit happens in 2020 but we have gone through 18 months of Boyd falling short of what most of us feel would be considered a good performance and I’ll be fucked if we have to put up with him being given another 3-6 month free ride.

There is no reason for him to be in the team in Round 1 if Bird is fully fit and Farnsworth blows Boyd’s trial form out the window. None. The experience card is a cop out when his experience and leadership had zero effect on our squad on the field.

And if he has poor performance after poor performance and he is still being picked in April, Seibold can end his career with the club in 2020 with Darius
Wow, you totally, completely and utterly, missed the point.

I wasn't defending it. I don't even particularly agree with it. I just said unless you like rude shocks, you had better make peace with it, because it's overwhelmingly likely to be the case come Round 1 in March. That much should be pretty clear by now.

Last edited:
Exactly. You may not personally agree with it. I probably don't either. But if you haven't yet accepted that it's the overwhelmingly likely outcome at this point, you really should start making your peace with it or that first team sheet is really going to sting.

I’ve accepted it. I’m just praying he isn’t captain, is named on the wing, and is swiftly dropped never too be seen again if he hits any of the lows he achieved last season.

Wow, you totally, completely and utterly, missed the point.

I wasn't defending it. I don't even particularly agree with it. I just said unless you like rude shocks, you had better make peace with it, because it's overwhelmingly likely to be the case come Round 1 in March. That much should be pretty clear by now.

I got your point I was just trying to relay why I can’t fathom and accept it even though it’s looking likely they’ll give him a 3rd bite of the cherry to start 2020.

I don’t have any personal agenda against Boyd except for the fact it seems like he is just taking the piss on the field these last 18 months, holding himself back to preserve his body and his over valued salary crippling the make up of our squad.

If by some absolute miracle he gets a start and actually starts to kill it and is reasonably consistent, I’m all for him keeping his spot and going out on his own terms.

But it is a huge if and it’s looking more likely than not that he is finished as a first grader if after 18 months of injury free footy and a full pre season where he tested at his career best still led to his worst 18 months of career. I’m probably being generous because you could argue he has been very poor for the 24 months since he did his hammy against NQ in 2017.

Active Now

• Behold
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hoof Hearted
  • marw
  • Galah
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • TimWhatley
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • Splinter
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Big Del
  • Nerd
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.