NEWS Belated news: Fensom joins Belconnen United Sharks

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Completely missed this one:

The Belconnen United Sharks have announced that former Canberra Raiders and North Queensland Cowboys lock Shaun Fensom has signed with the club for the 2020 season. The two time Meninga Medalist said that he was looking forward to wearing the Sharks jersey having retired from professional rugby league at the conclusion of the 2019 season.

“The Sharks just missed out on the semi finals last season, they’re a club that’s building and I want to come back and help out as much as I can and hopefully make the semis this year,” Fensom said. “I’m excited. There’s a little less pressure than playing professionally and you can enjoy footy a bit more and it’ll just be good going out there on the weekend and running around.”

The 31 year old finished his career at the Brisbane Broncos after previously playing eight NRL seasons with the Canberra Raiders and also playing in Grand Final with the North Queensland Cowboys. Fensom joins former Raiders teammate Glen Buttriss at the Sharks, who has confirmed he will play again next year. With two experienced former NRL players in their squad, the Sharks are eager to build upon good results from 2019 as head coach Scott Logan has managed to retain the majority of last year’s playing squad.

Also joining the club for 2020 are Nukurua Ngere (Queanbeyan Kangaroos), Samual Bramich (Gungahlin Bulls) and Seth Going (Royals Rugby).

Last edited:

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • ThomasovPreaf
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.