Bellamy in 2009?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I was just speaking with someone here at work who is close to a few of the management / board members at Broncos, and they hinted that Bellamy could be here in 2009 to take over as headcoach.

Anyone else heard anything?

No, all I've heard is Neil Henry stating categorically he is contracted until the end of 2009 with Canberra, and then seeking a release within a month of making that statement and hooking up with the Cowboys.

Oh, and Melbourne Crying Executive Officer Brian Waldron stating that Bellamy is contracted until the end of 2009 and that he'd given assurance he wouldn't seek a release...

Ipso fatso, anything can happen.

I think he will come home to his kids, can hear the wife nagging hehehehhe

If we miss out on him I would be happy with Henjak.

Henjak has played a major role in our change in style of play this year.

I have heard that Bellamy is all but a done deal. eusa_think

mrslong said:

I've heard that aswell as Cameron Smith. But not for 09.

Nashy said:
mrslong said:

I've heard that aswell as Cameron Smith. But not for 09.

we certainly wouldn't be able to afford Cam Smith till Locky retires.

mrslong said:

Then any idea when the announcement will be made?

bfoord said:
mrslong said:

[icon_lol1. Hearing it's a done deal is a rumour, so I wouldn't be expecting it to be announced soon.

However, I'm sure the Broncos will make a statement about their 2009 coaching arrangement and beyond within the month.

bfoord said:
mrslong said:

nah it's all rumours from people around the place.
[icon_shru
imo they'd want to make a statement soon, but i'm sure the players are being kept in the loop.

The only thing set in concrete is the fact that the club will make an announcement this month. Everything else, well who knows?? Only two or three people at the club would know at this stage, and they sure as hell wouldn't be posting it here!

Henjak interim next year, Bellamy in 2010.

If he wanted to stay in Melbourne he would just sign an extension to stop the speculation.

I am sure Waldron has requested an extension and I don't believe Bruno saying he has not interviewed Bellamy.

We just missed out on Henry and he shows no urgency.

I thought I heard that Bruno did have a chat to Bellamy when he was in town on business. [icon_shru Just catching up mind you. eusa_think
Don't believe any of them after Henry and the way he talked so much about loving Canberra and wanting to stay there done a complete turn around leaving even his players up the creek.

Although all Craig Bellamy ever says is that he is contracted to 2010.He doesnt go beyond saying anymore than that.

Whenever we target someone we normally get them.

Bellamy is a man of his word and I think he will see out his contract. I can't see him deserting his players like Neil Henry

Bellamy would be a good coach but personally I don't want to have his dirty tactics here

If we get him I hope it is in 2010. I am sick of seeing people jump out of contracts. In that case i would like to see Henjak for 09 as the interim.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
If we get him I hope it is in 2010. I am sick of seeing people jump out of contracts. In that case i would like to see Henjak for 09 as the interim.

How about contracts such as codes of conduct?

Coxy said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:

How about contracts such as codes of conduct?

I don't follow lol [icon_lol1.

The Rock said:
ALH said:
Henjak interim next year, Bellamy in 2010.

If he wanted to stay in Melbourne he would just sign an extension to stop the speculation.

I am sure Waldron has requested an extension and I don't believe Bruno saying he has not interviewed Bellamy.

We just missed out on Henry and he shows no urgency.

Yep, that's what I reckon will happen. Henjak will attempt to build up his resume in 2009, then Bellamy will arrive in 2010.

Waldron is 1 of those grumpy bastards and once he finds out Bellamy is leaving he will release him for 09, they won't get along.

Also the Storm just don't looked focused this season at this stage, they always start off strong to build consistency.

Bellamy must be distracted.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Wild Horse
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • TimWhatley
  • Morepudding
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • barker
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.