Bellamy to come with folau in 09?

K

kimlo_

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2008
Australian Test centre Israel Folau will reunite with his family and join Brisbane next year, posing the big question: who will follow him?

The dominant empire being built down in Melbourne is showing its first signs of weakness with Folau deciding to leave next year and the Storm on the end of a two-game losing sequence ahead of a clash with the undefeated Broncos at Olympic Park on Friday.

Coach Craig Bellamy is also being heavily courted by the Broncos - he is Brisbane's prime pick to replace outgoing boss Wayne Bennett next season but can only do so if he is granted a release from his contract at the Storm or an interim coach is appointed until Bellamy is free to return to his family in 2010.

If Bellamy does end up in Brisbane it could spark an avalanche of departures from the Victorian capital with Queenslanders Cameron Smith and Greg Inglis believed to have get-out clauses in their contracts if the current coach leaves.

Folau ended the standoff on his future on Sunday with a statement confirming he had opted to join the Broncos, believed to be on a four-year deal.

The 18-year-old said he chose to leave Melbourne to return home to family, but given his close affinity with Bellamy it could also be seen as Folau making the first step to maintaining a relationship with his mentor.

"It was a very tough decision, the hardest of my life, to leave the Melbourne Storm and sign for the Broncos," Folau said.

Source : http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50313

Very interesting i know aeetee said there were going to be 4 big signings hmm...... You said there was 4
Coach was 1: Looking at this could very well be bellamy
2: Folau we have got him now
3: Cameron Smith
4: Greg inglis
........ well if that was to all come together i couldn't see any team but the broncos winning the premiership in 09 WOW, makes me very excited

I think Cam Smith will definitely come back to QLD but not necessarily Brisbane, the other QLD clubs will also be interested.

My reasoning is he has just had a child and it always helps to be around family/friends for the support.

I would rather we loose than win a comp that we bought, its just not what the broncos are about, i enjoy seeing young players develop and come through the ranks, play for their state and country and win premierships..... who wants to see cameron smith and greg inglis hold up the trophy in a broncos jersey........?

Ah ok, so maybe the broncos should let all the other clubs take all of our home grown heroes, while we take the wooden spoon icon_thumbs_u

nopatience101 said:
I would rather we loose than win a comp that we bought, its just not what the broncos are about, i enjoy seeing young players develop and come through the ranks, play for their state and country and win premierships..... who wants to see cameron smith and greg inglis hold up the trophy in a broncos jersey........?

I do!

We have always looked within our talent pool before going to the market. The Broncs have only ever gone to the market when we don't have the talent to fill the spots

This year we have brought in Wallace & Co because we lost players and we didn't have adequate replacements, along with depth issues.

Now we have got Folau because we are lacking one top quality back.

Our management wouldn't be doing thjeir job if they didn't look at Inglis, Smith if we are short in those positions.

We will never have a depth problem...........

Still, we really don't need smith, I would love inglis though, Smith would be a waste in our salary cap.

Id rather have PJ over Smith to be perfectly honest.

Guts & Determination > Whinging and Grappling anyday.

Sabu_2008 said:
Id rather have PJ over Smith to be perfectly honest.

Guts & Determination > Whinging and Grappling anyday.

Agree 100% there, atleast he doesn't hold opposition player's necks and suficate them for the sake of an extra half second, him and gallen the grubbiest players in rugby league, did i forget to mention brett white? lol @ cameron smith saying ben ross should be rubbed out of the game, he should rub himself out tbh.

ALH said:
nopatience101 said:

I do!

We have always looked within our talent pool before going to the market. The Broncs have only ever gone to the market when we don't have the talent to fill the spots

This year we have brought in Wallace & Co because we lost players and we didn't have adequate replacements, along with depth issues.

Our management wouldn't be doing thjeir job if they didn't look at Inglis, Smith if we are short in those positions.

The storm were probably lacking a 'quality' back before Falou too....

nopatience101 said:
ALH said:
nopatience101 said:

I do!

The storm were probably lacking a 'quality' back before Falou too....

No they didn't as they had King/Inglis plus Chambers and Folau and behind all them is Joseph Tamone.

if we signed all of them we'd have to play 13 on 7 every week.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • maddo
  • jarro65
  • kiwibronco
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.