Bellamy

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I am intrigued regarding what is happening with Bellamy and the Storm.

It is getting late in the season and he is still not signed. It cannot be a matter of money because let's face it, you pay the man whatever he wants if you are the Storm (and they have the capacity to do so).

It can't be the length of the contract, because once again, if he wanted longer and you are the Storm, you just give him what he wants.

It could be that he is signed and they are playing games, but you would think it would be a big marketing gambit for them to announce it if he is signed.

If he is not signed, clearly there is something going on in the background. I am starting to get the feeling that if they win this year he might pull the pin.

Whatever the personal issues are in the background, I am wondering if it is becoming more of an imperative for them to be back in SE Qld?

So I take it that if he were suddenly to become available and he still wanted to coach that it would be thanks for your efforts Kev, but see you later?

I am intrigued regarding what is happening with Bellamy and the Storm.

It is getting late in the season and he is still not signed. It cannot be a matter of money because let's face it, you pay the man whatever he wants if you are the Storm (and they have the capacity to do so).

It can't be the length of the contract, because once again, if he wanted longer and you are the Storm, you just give him what he wants.

It could be that he is signed and they are playing games, but you would think it would be a big marketing gambit for them to announce it if he is signed.

If he is not signed, clearly there is something going on in the background. I am starting to get the feeling that if they win this year he might pull the pin.

Whatever the personal issues are in the background, I am wondering if it is becoming more of an imperative for them to be back in SE Qld?

So I take it that if he were suddenly to become available and he still wanted to coach that it would be thanks for your efforts Kev, but see you later?

If the chance legit came up, you couldn’t get Kevvie out the door fast enough BUT it won’t happen and we shouldn’t be making overtures for him again. If he legit wants to come, he needs to instigate it because we’ve been burnt way too many times and we can’t look like desperate puppy dogs again.

I disagree, I don’t care how he makes us feel. I’d be buttering him up every opportunity we get and not care if he turns us down. I just wouldn’t put the club in a bad position if he doesn’t reject again.

If the chance legit came up, you couldn’t get Kevvie out the door fast enough BUT it won’t happen and we shouldn’t be making overtures for him again. If he legit wants to come, he needs to instigate it because we’ve been burnt way too many times and we can’t look like desperate puppy dogs again.
Yes, I completely agree mate, that is the only way I would handle it.

Yes, but I think Kevie needs to be part of the solution going forward too. Keep him involved with the deal.

I’m intrigued because this time we have someone who’s worked with him for the last few years at the helm. He will know how he ticks and if there is in fact, a chance. He will also know if there’s no chance.

he won't coach anywhere else but the Storm ... so Kev's job won't be in jeopardy from Bellamy ...

and since we now signed Ikin for the role Bellamy was to perform, then i doubt we even bother chasing him anymore

There’s been some non-footy related issues that’s been delaying his decision such as a family illness.

Broncos shouldn’t even attempt to get him, though. How many times have we tried and failed? That says something.

After Bellamy re-signed there is a report on Fox Sports saying that 4 of their big stars are coming off contract at the end of next year (Ryan Papenhuyzen, Brandon Smith, Jesse Bromwich and Christian Welch.) ... but they're not thought to be in danger of losing any of them.

compare that to what gets reported about us when we have young players or stars coming off contract

After Bellamy re-signed there is a report on Fox Sports saying that 4 of their big stars are coming off contract at the end of next year (Ryan Papenhuyzen, Brandon Smith, Jesse Bromwich and Christian Welch.) ... but they're not thought to be in danger of losing any of them.

compare that to what gets reported about us when we have young players or stars coming off contract
Because we don’t have Bellamy or win premierships

lol @ people who thought he was gone after next year and the storm would no longer be a threat.

Delusional. They'll win a few more comps yet while we stare at 20 years without one.

No different to how things were with Brisbane 1995-2005 really

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  • bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.