Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
Re: Benny Hunt.........The best Halfback in the game!

471513-5f9a696c-d665-11e3-a788-f9855f7e436a.jpg

His kicking really needs to improve before he could be classed any where near that.

He is going well though.

The line breaks stat shows how good his running game is.

Last edited:

... and all the other halves have a decent 5/8 to share the load. Well done to Hunt.

Hopefully Barba continues to step up as our 2nd play maker - the signs look promising which tells me Hunt's game will keep getting better and better

Hunt has been outstanding minus his kicking. I'd be curious to see the same chart fir 5/8s. To see how good/bad hoff compares.

Double post

His kicking really needs to improve before he could be classed any where near that.

He is going well though.

In isolation that suggests he may actually be a better 5/8. But his LB assists, the staple of a player who creates opportunities for others, is pretty darn good too. So I give him permission to remain a halfback...

He is going well though.

Hunt is a natural 5/8 in the way he takes the line on and creates opportunities with the ball before, at and after the line. If he gets a real organiser to pair with him and he can keep working on his kicking game, he can truly be one of the greats. He plays better at second receiver, getting the ball from the Halfback and playing wider. This enables him to use his vision and running game to great effect.

We need to remember, he's only JUST turned 24. He has a good 8 years in him yet and I truly hope the Broncos hold onto him for his entire career.

Last edited:

It's a double-edged sword in relation to him not having a proper Five-Eighth.. his stats are probably slightly inflated in relation to try assists and line-break assists because he's doing ALL of the play making, but his tries and line-breaks are legit, hopefully he keeps improving his overall game.

He is doing well and it's a relief we have a halfback we can use long term. Milford's arrival will establish a good halves pairing that we"
've been sweeting on for the past year and a bit.

He's doing well, although I certainly wouldn't call him the best HB.

Quick! Delete this thread! We don't want Griffindor to see his stats! He'll drop him immediatly and replace him with someone who isn't half as good!

Be honest I think he is more a five eight then a halfback. Running game is fantastic but he isn't a organiser or first reciver. Going great but needs a DCE inside him and he would be lethal

Stats say otherwise sooooooooo.
Stats aren't the be all unless you play supercoach. :)

I read in RLW he also has the best metres on kicks for the season, but it was a bit misleading as he had kicked 20 more times than the next metered kicker (Cooper Cronk).

I read in RLW he also has the best metres on kicks for the season, but it was a bit misleading as he had kicked 20 more times than the next metered kicker (Cooper Cronk).

I dare say he'd lead the league in balls kicked dead and balls caught on the full as well.

I dare say he'd lead the league in balls kicked dead and balls caught on the full as well.

I couldn't find that stat anywhere, but Shaun Johnson would be up there with him.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • broncs30
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • bert_lifts
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.