Ben Hunt - Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter MaroubraBroncos
  • Start date
They're assuming hook won't be there to bastardize him!

More talk about the sharks interest in Hunt.League | The Lurker - NRL Rumour File - Monday | SPORTAL

Hunt the new 'Carney'?

The Sharks are set to target much-improved Brisbane Broncos halfback Ben Hunt as a possible replacement for the disgraced Todd Carney. Jeff Robson will remain in the Shire for another season but play off the bench as a back-up hooker or half-back. The Sharks know they need a quality number seven to replace Carney and have taken a look at Robert Lui, but they will throw big dollars at Hunt. The talented number seven has come of age this season and will have plenty of other clubs on his trail as well.

Last edited:
They can target him all he wants, even if he did sign I reckon he would backflip and stay with us anyway. Besides, could easily be his manager feeding these rumors to push up his asking price.

I've made a highlights reel of Ben Hunt for the 18 rounds that's gone by and it's already 6 minutes long.

I'm guessing it's going to be triple that by the time the season is over.

It hasn't been uploaded yet. It's still a work in progress until the season is over.

I know the dally m voting has gone behind closed doors but ben should be winning comfortbly by now surely?

I know the dally m voting has gone behind closed doors but ben should be winning comfortbly by now surely?

I'd say Sam Burgess is equal or ahead (2 tries, 200+ plus metres vs Parramatta) but Ben is definitely still in the Hunt.

JT probably picked up 3 points on Friday too.

He has to be first in the Dally M stakes after last night, surely

Alright, time for my input on Ben Hunt.

About 3 months ago when the Daly Cherry-Evans to Broncos rumour reared it's ugly head again, people on here were saying things like "We don't need DCE, we've got Hunt". I basically scoffed at this, Hunt at the time had compiled a few decent games, a couple of average games, I was certainly far from sold on his ability to play consistently at the highest level. Cherry-Evans is proven at all levels, he's won a premiership, won origin series, he's done it all, and he's in his prime. It was an absolute no brainer at the time that DCE would be a massive coop for us, and was a much better player than Hunt.

Fast forward to last night, Hunt is leading the Dally M's, single handedly destroying teams with his running game, whilst still balancing an above average kicking game and some great passes to set up tries. I believe he's leading the league in Try Assists & Linebreaks as well, the only person who is close to him in Linebreaks is Anthony Milford, who will be his spine partner next season. Exciting times ahead.

To say Hunt has converted me is an understatement, I still wouldn't say no if Cherry-Evans asked to join the Broncos, but I'm now on the hype train, Hunt is our Halfback, and deservedly so. All I hope now is that Ben Barba & Anthony Milford can combine well, still not sure what position each of them will be playing, but if they can form a nice little partnership alongside Hunt, we're in for an amazing few years.

tl;dr - I wasn't sold on Hunt a couple months ago, but I am a believer now.

Remember the CM running a full page on his school teacher coach saying that he will be the SOO halfback instead of DCE in the future earlier this season and most of us laughed very loudly.
I think the laughing has stopped. While he is not there yet it is now not inconceivable to see it just may happen

Remember the CM running a full page on his school teacher coach saying that he will be the SOO halfback instead of DCE in the future earlier this season and most of us laughed very loudly.
I think the laughing has stopped. While he is not there yet it is now not inconceivable to see it just may happen

7. DCE
6. Hunt

Hunt is much more like a classic 5/8th than DCE anyway.

Sharks - rabble, shit coach, half the team injured/out every year
Broncos - best squad going into 2015 that the club has had for a long, long time, Wayne Bennett.

Money isn't everything and Hunt will be able to earn more in the long term by staying, after all he already commited to us when we were still shafting him by playing him off the bench.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.