• Nah

Votes: 81 92.0%

• Total voters
N

Number6

QCup Player
May 21, 2016
Wondering if we can get a poll going.

Who at this point wishes we could have kept Ben Hunt (presuming would require increased offer closer to Dragons)?

Who at this point wishes we could have kept Ben Hunt (presuming would require increased offer closer to Dragons)?

I definitely think we should have kept him as i don't think he was anywhere near as bad as people made him out to be ...

having said that, i don't think we should have increased our off to get close to the Dragons offer. the 750k we reportedly offered is about right

Nope. But without question we should have found a solid replacement. We didn’t need a superstar but we did need / do need someone to complement Milford and cover the areas where Milford isn’t as strong...

Ironically, probably someone like Peter Wallace...

**** no. How can anyone honestly say they wish we still had him or that he is what we need? He can’t manage a game and is a shit kicker. Milford this year has shown more game management and a better kicking game than Hunt ever has. Yes Nikorima is a shit halfback and shouldn’t be in that position but that doesn’t make Hunt a good one.

Wish he had stayed, but glad we didn't try and match the offer. That GF cooked him IMO, in some ways I think it was best for him to leave. I don't blame him for the loss, I just don't think he was going to be the same. Did he **** us over too? Did Wayne make a choice between Hunt and Taylor, let Taylor walk only for Hunt to take off with Mary on a JetSki??
He hasn't changed...see him on the weekend? Fucking horrible.

Wish he had stayed, but glad we didn't try and match the offer. That GF cooked him IMO, in some ways I think it was best for him to leave. I don't blame him for the loss, I just don't think he was going to be the same. Did he **** us over too? Did Wayne make a choice between Hunt and Taylor, let Taylor walk only for Hunt to take off with Mary on a JetSki??
He hasn't changed...see him on the weekend? Fucking horrible.

Yep. Everyone is looking at Nikorima and saying, ‘gee I wish we had a real halfback’ and thinking Ben Hunt is one. But they are forgetting that Ben Hunt is almost the same type of player as Nikorima and does not and never did improve on the poor parts of Nikorima’s game. If you ask the question who would you prefer. Hunt or Nikorima (cost is not a factor)? The answer is Hunt every day of the week.

But that is not the question that is important for us. The important question for us is would you have Hunt or Milford? We have chosen Milford. So given that is off the table, the question becomes who do we need to improve us overall and to adequately (or fingers crossed - even ‘excellently’) partner Milford?

And the answer to that is one we, even Wayne, is still searching for...

As 9, sure, as 7 no. When he is operating behind a game controller like Widdop he can do alright, the problem is at the Broncos that is exactly what we lack. If Garath is done for the year with his shoulder, the finals will show Benny's abilities and I am betting he will not stand tall but will do exactly what happened in origin, everything just not quite working for him.

He is not a big moment player. I don't actually blame him for 2015, I lay that at Reed's shit line speed in defense causing Oates to keep sliding in to cover for him being too slow, caused the overlap and try time. That lost us the game, as soon as it was golden point with JT on the field, good night sweetheart.

If it was the cows put into that position, JT would have rose to the occasion and delivered some bullshit kick or pass that makes a big moment player. Ben Hunt does not have that next gear.

We could use one of either Hunt or Milford for the running game - not both. We need someone who can grab the game by the neck (and the team for that matter) and drag it over the line.

Last edited:
Something seems to cook him every year, he was going alright up until Origin this year, then he got demoted, now he's cooked.

I think he's just mentally weak as shit.

Nah, I think it’s as simple as he’s an amazing player when the whole team is firing. If your team is dominating he will tear oppositions apart. As soon as any pressure is applied though and they need their half to build pressure, or play smart to grind out a win, he loses his mind.

That’s when he starts kicking the ball into shins, throwing stupid passes, kicking it dead, and bombing it too deep or far too shallow, and getting penalised/missing tackles in defence.

Nope. But without question we should have found a solid replacement. We didn’t need a superstar but we did need / do need someone to complement Milford and cover the areas where Milford isn’t as strong...

Ironically, probably someone like Peter Wallace...

Hunt is not worth the money the Dragons are paying him. He went missing in the game against the Eels and had no impact. Hunt would be an asset to us as a Hooker but not a half. Lets see what a fit Jack Bird brings to the team as he is younger and can fill a number of positions.

Nope... he isn't leading Dragons around, still makes dumb plays...

Yep. Wouldn't get run over like Kodi does. That in itself would have won us a few more games this season.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.