NEWS Ben Ikin to step back from Roster input

They've been getting rid of the right blokes since Ikin came in, so I'm pro-Ikin. Ikin just needs to wait it out for Walters mis-steps and in comes Slater or Woolf as new head coach.

1. IF Slater was going to coach anyone it will be Melbourne ... but it seems unlikely he has any desire to be an NRL head coach. that is a fantasy that started on BHQ (so it is weird that Badel hasn't run with it yet).

2. Woolf will be coach of the Phins in 2 years, it is extremely unlikely he leaves them for us.

3. It would take a brave board to sack the reigning premiership coach, so Kevvie will be safe 😉

1. IF Slater was going to coach anyone it will be Melbourne ... but it seems unlikely he has any desire to be an NRL head coach. that is a fantasy that started on BHQ (so it is weird that Badel hasn't run with it yet).
It's actually been brought up in the media. They may have even asked Christian Welch about it on 100% Footy and he was under the belief that Billy was too busy being a dad/minding his horses.

Bretnall is tipped to be their coach for '24.

There's another candidate but I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

It's actually been brought up in the media. They may have even asked Christian Welch about it on 100% Footy and he was under the belief that Billy was too busy being a dad/minding his horses.

Bretnall is tipped to be their coach for '24.

There's another candidate but I can't remember his name off the top of my head.
It was ryles wasn't it?

They've been getting rid of the right blokes since Ikin came in, so I'm pro-Ikin. Ikin just needs to wait it out for Walters mis-steps and in comes Slater or Woolf as new head coach.
To be honest, Kev has been misstepping but as long as he keeps on improving and not repeating them, he could do a great job & he has done that to some extent but a long way to go.

I for one, reckon Slater hadn’t ever spoken good of Broncos as a club. He cherishes our losses or our downsides but hardly gives a fair go on our W’s. He could have his agendas but he seems like an anti Broncos to me. I personally don’t want him at our club.

If push comes to shove, I personally would want Cam Smith as our coach. He’s the captain coach for majority of his career and post that, he must’ve picked some coaching smarts from his media gigs. Yes, he’s not considered for a Broncos contract in his early days which, he took personal during his playing career but reckon he moved on from it now. Contrary to Slater, he’s less less biased against Broncos in his media gigs. He’s now based out of SEQ and he could well have some close ties with DD, which all would make him a right candidate for us.

It’s all a fantasy at this stage but I want to see how Kev goes this year & the next.

To be honest, Kev has been misstepping but as long as he keeps on improving and not repeating them, he could do a great job & he has done that to some extent but a long way to go.

I for one, reckon Slater hadn’t ever spoken good of Broncos as a club. He cherishes our losses or our downsides but hardly gives a fair go on our W’s. He could have his agendas but he seems like an anti Broncos to me. I personally don’t want him at our club.

If push comes to shove, I personally would want Cam Smith as our coach. He’s the captain coach for majority of his career and post that, he must’ve picked some coaching smarts from his media gigs. Yes, he’s not considered for a Broncos contract in his early days which, he took personal during his playing career but reckon he moved on from it now. Contrary to Slater, he’s less less biased against Broncos in his media gigs. He’s now based out of SEQ and he could well have some close ties with DD, which all would make him a right candidate for us.

It’s all a fantasy at this stage but I want to see how Kev goes this year & the next.
Billy says we can win the comp. I've always thought him and cam Smith always seem to back the qld trams pretty well.

Oh he stood down before Christmas? Wasn’t aware. I should read these things properly.
I'm tipping you'll still have comprehension issues...... 😉

You see these coaches with all sorts of praise getting head coaching jobs are just falling into a heap, what's to say it won't happen to a Cam Smith or a Billy Slater?

Bit if a worry, that Kevvie had a whinge & got his own way.

You see these coaches with all sorts of praise getting head coaching jobs are just falling into a heap, what's to say it won't happen to a Cam Smith or a Billy Slater?
Such as... (re falling into a heap)?

Not arguing.....it happens pretty regularly TBH. Wally Lewis tried his hand at coaching and was pretty fucken hopeless.....

The thing with Cam Smith is ...it's rumoured he was practically coaching the Storm (obviously Bellyache would have his say...but) Cam was running the training sessions....

Smith is a footballers footballer........got a huge football brain. The indications are he'd be a very good coach
Nothings for certain though.

Such as... (re falling into a heap)?

Not arguing.....it happens pretty regularly TBH. Wally Lewis tried his hand at coaching and was pretty fucken hopeless.....

The thing with Cam Smith is ...it's rumoured he was practically coaching the Storm (obviously Bellyache would have his say...but) Cam was running the training sessions....

Smith is a footballers footballer........got a huge football brain. The indications are he'd be a very good coach
Nothings for certain though.

The Newcastle coach would be the prime candidate, he came out of some of most successful teams in the NRL, stepped into a head coaching role and you can't really say Newcastle are better for it.

I'm genuinely concerned that Ikin might leave the club. He has been so good, so I hope not.

Re Kevvy, I think we, as a group, need to stop shitting on a coach who is 2 from 2 against teams that made up last year's top 4.

I'm genuinely concerned that Ikin might leave the club. He has been so good, so I hope not.

Re Kevvy, I think we, as a group, need to stop shitting on a coach who is 2 from 2 against teams that made up last year's top 4.
Ikins a company man and will probably get a better gig eventually. I doubt the broncos will hang onto him forever

It’s a disgrace if Ikin ditches us for some other club. I doubt he’ll though. It’s unlike him.
I hope there’re no more shenanigans between Kev & Ikin. It’s sad that things transpired like they did ☹️.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.