NEWS Brisbane to Bennett: it's not you, it's us

Donuts has to get on the phone surely. We have to keep him from the new side.
If you had been paying proper attention to DD's pressers in one of the very first ones he mentioned the possibility of WB coming back. The next day he rolled that back to it's too early to talk about things like that. So I'm thinking there has already been a testing of the water.

DD knows it's far better to have Wayne inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in.

If you had been paying proper attention to DD's pressers in one of the very first ones he mentioned the possibility of WB coming back. The next day he rolled that back to it's too early to talk about things like that. So I'm thinking there has already been a testing of the water.

DD knows it's far better to have Wayne inside the tent pissing out than outside the tenet pissing in.

But if he is outside the Tenet, what that mean his peeing would actually go back in as a result of the temporal paradox?

But if he is outside the Tenet, what that mean his peeing would actually go back in as a result of the temporal paradox?

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

In his interview this morning WB looked and sounded the most conciliatory I've ever seen him. He joked on a number of occasions with the press corp and seemed perfectly relaxed. He went out of his way to ignore the Souths game and push the idea that he was willing to discuss any role with a Brisbane club (foundational or newly established) but his preference was to share accommodation with Adam.

We've got him. :happy:

DD said from day 1 that he backs Kev but that as a new coach he needs the right support around him. This very well could be it.

I definitely want him back and we will instantly feel the effects of his pulling power. In fact the rumours alone seem to already be helping. I do hope that it is in a capacity that allows Kev full control of the first grade team though.

Wayne as an advisor, with a focus on culture and player welfare. Organising the development pathways and helping with negotiations.

Apparently Reynolds talked to Bennett about his move here. We're rumoured to be after Sua too. Is Wayne assembling the troops for Kev?
Or himself. Time will tell.

Wayne Bennett:

Adam Reynolds and myself are going out this afternoon to see if we can find an apartment to live together."

“But after that I’m not sure what I’m doing. I’m coming back to Brisbane, but as I said I have made no decisions about what my future holds or whatever. All I know is I’m coming back. At this point in time I don’t really have any offers on the table. It’s not what I’d like to do it is what some other people would like to do. I can’t make decisions about my future. Someone else has to make them. They have to go to the negotiation table with me. I have heard from nobody so I will just get on with life.”

“I appreciate what Dave Donaghy said he has been very generous to me. But as I said there has been no suggestion from any of them about coming back except a lot of media speculation and talk from whoever, but not from me. It hasn’t come from me.”

“I don’t have any preference because I haven’t even go an offer. You have got to understand I am quite serious that I don’t have anything on the table. I haven’t made any decisions. I am coming home."

“I don’t want to buy into that (who the 17th team will be) they are all sitting in town talking about it. There is great opportunities in all those areas they are talking about. Redcliffe have done a great job. Ipswich have done a good job. Easts are in there and they have got a great club and they have done a great job. As I said it is up to the powers that be not me.”

“Yeah I would (like to build a club from the ground up again). You go back to the Broncos we were very deliberate about things and why we did them and it was to pay huge benefits to us later on. They have got to be built from the ground up and they have got to be built with a strong foundation. You have got to be prepared to take some pain and we took some pain in the early years. I thought we should have won a premiership long before we did, but we got it right. There is a certain level of excitement about that. The ability to start something from scratch. Nothing on the page and you can make it into something really special.”

“It is not my say until someone makes me an offer and how they see my role. They are things I can’t elaborate on today because I don’t know. But it appeals to me starting at a new club again because I certainly know how to build them and that’s what you need at the beginning is how it is built.”

McHunt

This is as easily important as the Reynolds signing. His play with the Reynolds decision was the olive branch, a sign he is open to parley.

No matter what was done in the past, he is as much an icon if not more so than any player we have had put the jersey on. To not have him finish his time here in some capacity will be a tragedy.

He would be a big draw for players, you can just feel the Broncos are about to get back to their power status and this move would cement that in players minds.

You build it they will come.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.