NEWS Brisbane to Bennett: it's not you, it's us

There is a Telegraph Sport post saying Bennet back to Broncos will not go ahead.

Anyone got more info?

I can't actually find that article now, but from memory, Rothfield basically says DD was giving lip service when questioned about Bennett's possible return, but the clubs management have no appetite for him to come back and that they're backing Kevvie.

Murdoch man is in charge of our club and if Murdoch paper says so, doesn't look good.

some News Corp articles say we're interested, Buzz Rothfield says were not

as per usual, with the media they're hedging their bets

If not Bennett, we need to hire someone with pulling power like a Cameron Smith

If not Bennett, we need to hire someone with pulling power like a Cameron Smith

people over estimate the pulling power a Bellamy or a Bennett will have when NOT the coach

people over estimate the pulling power a Bellamy or a Bennett will have when NOT the coach
Certainly wouldn’t hurt the pulling power though and DDnKev pulled a top shelf half back on day one of their partnership.

Bennett is flogging himself publicly to get a gig anywhere.
Anyone who thinks he will come here to be coaching director if he still wants to be a coach is delusional.
Wayne will do what he has always done and look after Wayne.
The only way he comes here is if the other team doesnt want him as coach and if he is offered similar money to be coaching director he probably goes to the other team anyway.
He would like nothing more than sticking it to Karl Morris and nobody could blame him for that.
As soon as we give him an offer he will take that to the expansion teams and shake the tree to see what falls out.
We will be sloppy seconds.

Bennett is flogging himself publicly to get a gig anywhere.
Anyone who thinks he will come here to be coaching director if he still wants to be a coach is delusional.
Wayne will do what he has always done and look after Wayne.
The only way he comes here is if the other team doesnt want him as coach and if he is offered similar money to be coaching director he probably goes to the other team anyway.
He would like nothing more than sticking it to Karl Morris and nobody could blame him for that.
As soon as we give him an offer he will take that to the expansion teams and shake the tree to see what falls out.
We will be sloppy seconds.
Can’t see Wayne making a call on his next move until a decision is made about the new team.
If it goes ahead (looking more likely by the day) he is likely their preferred option as coach.
The broncos will then have to decide if they want to compete for his services.
Can’t see Morris allowing us to get into any sort of auction like that so i’d Say the chances are he won’t be back but you never know with rugby league.

Can’t see Wayne making a call on his next move until a decision is made about the new team.
If it goes ahead (looking more likely by the day) he is likely their preferred option as coach.
The broncos will then have to decide if they want to compete for his services.
Can’t see Morris allowing us to get into any sort of auction like that so i’d Say the chances are he won’t be back but you never know with rugby league.

All of this is probably true but it starts and ends with Morris, his ego won’t allow him to admit they screwed up and bring Bennett back. It would not reflect well on him so Wayne won’t be back. Morris has too much power unfortunately.

All of this is probably true but it starts and ends with Morris, his ego won’t allow him to admit they screwed up and bring Bennett back. It would not reflect well on him so Wayne won’t be back. Morris has too much power unfortunately.
The funny thing about it though, is that before Morris sacked Bennett I recall an article that he offered him a position for life at the broncos; however Bennett rejected it.

It was well after the knife was already settled into Bennett's back and was likely only offered to make it look like Bennett rejected a fair offer (even though Bennett's original offer was JD taking over and him becoming a coaching director).... so Morris shouldn't really be able to veto a decision to go after Bennett as a coaching director given he already offered it to him.

i always got the impression that it was white that had too much control given his mate seibold not only got the job but 5 years

You do know that Bennett and White have been (or at least were) mates for over 30 years.

Even if him and Seibold are mates, it wouldn't compare to the 30 year friendship he had with Wayne.

Unfortunately, that would be over now because Wayne holds a grudge. (Which would be why he no longer speaks to Locky)

The funny thing about it though, is that before Morris sacked Bennett I recall an article that he offered him a position for life at the broncos; however Bennett rejected it.

It was well after the knife was already settled into Bennett's back and was likely only offered to make it look like Bennett rejected a fair offer (even though Bennett's original offer was JD taking over and him becoming a coaching director).... so Morris shouldn't really be able to veto a decision to go after Bennett as a coaching director given he already offered it to him.

What you say is a load of shit. That offer had been made with respect to what he had done for the club, and would not have been made to any other coach who's contract wasn't being renewed.

Wayne turned the club down, which is his right.

You do know that Bennett and White have been (or at least were) mates for over 30 years.

Even if him and Seibold are mates, it wouldn't compare to the 30 year friendship he had with Wayne.

Unfortunately, that would be over now because Wayne holds a grudge. (Which would be why he no longer speaks to Locky)
I’d suspect White and Seibold go further back than Bennett and White.

Both grew up in Rocky around the same time where the football fraternity is pretty close, so probably been friends for most of their lives.

my thought is purely speculation based on what white and morris roles are/were at the club,i think white would have had more input on what was happening with bennett and had more influence over the other board members when it came to who to hire for the next coach.

my thought is purely speculation based on what white and morris roles are at the club,i think white would have had more input on what was happening with bennett and had more influence over the other board members when it came to who to hire for the next coach.

he doesn't. coaching appointments are done by the board ... while the CEO would give recommendations, they're mainly just the person that pulls the trigger.

he was on the subcommittee that recommended Seibold over Walters (along with Morris and Locky) ... and i still feel it was in Kevvie's best interest, not to follow Bennett (even if Seibold made things a bit difficult for him initially)

he doesn't coaching appointments are done by the board ... while the CEO would give recommendations, they're mainly just the person that pulls the trigger.
so would it be fair to say it might have been his recommendation to move bennett on?

he doesn't. coaching appointments are done by the board ... while the CEO would give recommendations, they're mainly just the person that pulls the trigger.

he was on the subcommittee that recommended Seibold over Walters (along with Morris and Locky) ... and i still feel it was in Kevvie's best interest, not to follow Bennett (even if Seibold made things a bit difficult for him initially)
A bit difficult initially lol.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.