RUMOUR Bennett to return to Red Hill?

The way it was all handled, how Wayne was shown the door was an absolute disgrace to a legend of the club.

Then he shouldn't have forced their hand.

His rumoured to be on 700k ...
hth

HScreenshot 2021 04 07 matt lodge broncos contract   Google Search

We had no star quality here last time he left too. It’s been awhile since his name alone was able to attract talent.
He appears to have done alright with Souths.

He rejected the deal we offered him there is a difference. If he wasn't interested in coming here negotiations would never have started.
Maybe he was just using us to pump up his price.
Wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened.

He appears to have done alright with Souths.
He got Latrell Mitchell because 800k from the roosters wasn’t enough apparently. Gagai who is poo at club level. Su’A who he took from us...meh. James Roberts who he threw a lifeline To because he was one of his “projects” that he discarded when he realised 2 years too late it wasn’t worth it. Who am I missing?

He got Latrell Mitchell because 800k from the roosters wasn’t enough apparently. Gagai who is poo at club level. Su’A who he took from us...meh. James Roberts who he threw a lifeline To because he was one of his “projects” that he discarded when he realised 2 years too late it wasn’t worth it. Who am I missing?
Arrow

This year is literally the first time 800k has been mentioned... maybe the media thought their previous high water mark of 700k wasn't going to get them enough clicks ...

Zero tackle has him on 700k and they always used the highest contract value reported.
That story is from last year. It literally says that in the picture.

"A News Corp report said that Brisbane would be prepared to pay half of Lodge's annual $800,000 salary if he moved elsewhere. Lodge is contracted until the end of 2022 and reportedly has options in his favour for 2023-24; meaning a potential discount of $1.6 million for a new club over the next four seasons."

Don’t have a full list but Jacob host and taane Milne are 2 who come to mind although it’s a bit early to see how they work out.
The other thing is I don’t think they have lost anyone who they wanted to keep. It’s hard to quantify what that’s worth but it’s potentially important.

Don’t have a full list but Jacob host and taane Milne are 2 who come to mind although it’s a bit early to see how they work out.
The other thing is I don’t think they have lost anyone who they wanted to keep. It’s hard to quantify what that’s worth but it’s potentially important.
I get it but we were talking star power. I was generous when i included Su’A and Roberts.

He still got Latrell and even though i dont like him, he is a star player. You cant just discount him because the Rorters wouldnt up their offer. Arrow is another quality player who turned down more money to go to the Rabbits. We dont need superstars at the Broncos, we need good footballers.

He still got Latrell and even though i dont like him, he is a star player. You cant just discount him because the Rorters wouldnt up their offer. Arrow is another quality player who turned down more money to go to the Rabbits. We dont need superstars at the Broncos, we need good footballers.
800k was a fair price for Latrell. He paid overs.

800k was a fair price for Latrell. He paid overs.

He didnt pay a cent, thats the Rabbits that sorted his contract. And if the press are to be believed, $800k is exactly what he's on now so he is getting the fair price you think he is worth. Could be getting a little more, but nobody really knows. Doesnt matter what Wayne did or does, your agenda against him wont let you be objective. He's clearly a good choice for the Broncos to work alongside Kevvie.

He didnt pay a cent, thats the Rabbits that sorted his contract. And if the press are to be believed, $800k is exactly what he's on now so he is getting the fair price you think he is worth. Could be getting a little more, but nobody really knows. Doesnt matter what Wayne did or does, your agenda against him wont let you be objective. He's clearly a good choice for the Broncos to work alongside Kevvie.
Where in the press is it stated he’s only on 800k? it is common knowledge he left the roosters for more money. Why the **** else would he leave a club that had just won the premiership? Wayne is an old piece of fruit that belongs in the giveaway bin at st vinnies.

For an old piece of fruit he is doing a pretty good job at South Sydney. Cant understand your envy of him tbh.

If we believe that, and we take it at face value that Bennett is the one who hands out the contracts ( which isnt really correct, but plenty with an axe to grind against Wayne think he does ), then he got Souths an absolute bargain picking up Latrell for $600k. The bloke is a genius. Again, depends on who you believe, but common knowledge seems wrong. Maybe you can link where you got the $800k from.

Thats all i can find about 2021 onwards, in excess of $800k, which could be anything.

For an old piece of fruit he is doing a pretty good job at South Sydney. Cant understand your envy of him tbh.

If we believe that, and we take it at face value that Bennett is the one who hands out the contracts ( which isnt really correct, but plenty with an axe to grind against Wayne think he does ), then he got Souths an absolute bargain picking up Latrell for $600k. The bloke is a genius. Again, depends on who you believe, but common knowledge seems wrong. Maybe you can link where you got the $800k from.

Thats all i can find about 2021 onwards, in excess of $800k, which could be anything.

here’s a very recent one. Do you honestly think he left the premiership winning side for less money? C’mon man you’re not stupid. It is common knowledge what happened if You followed it at the time.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.