RUMOUR Bennett to return to Red Hill?

here’s a very recent one. Do you honestly think he left the premiership winning side for less money? C’mon man you’re not stupid. It is common knowledge what happened if You followed it at the time.

So you ask for some evidence, and when i provide it you dont like and get your own which you could have done in the first place 🤔 It makes perfect sense why got less at Souths if you read the article as he had already been paid part of his contract at the rorters, so yep, i think he would have taken less for a 1 year deal at Souths under those circumstances.

At the end of the day, your article could be a pile of shit, so could mine. The press never really get these contracts that accurate, they just go with what they perceive is market value. Either way, he is on a good deal, not negotiated by Bennett at Souths. He could have gone to the Cowboys or the Tigers for more money than he is getting at Souths as well. IIRC the Tigers offered him a $4 million, 4 year deal. Lets not forget the club with bottomless pockets, the Gold Coast Titans were also in for him reportedly. I'd say playing for Wayne was a bigger pull than a lot of cold hard cash.

So you ask for some evidence, and when i provide it you dont like and get your own which you could have done in the first place 🤔 It makes perfect sense why got less at Souths if you read the article as he had already been paid part of his contract at the rorters, so yep, i think he would have taken less for a 1 year deal at Souths under those circumstances.

At the end of the day, your article could be a pile of shit, so could mine. The press never really get these contracts that accurate, they just go with what they perceive is market value. Either way, he is on a good deal, not negotiated by Bennett at Souths. He could have gone to the Cowboys or the Tigers for more money than he is getting at Souths as well. IIRC the Tigers offered him a $4 million, 4 year deal. Lets not forget the club with bottomless pockets, the Gold Coast Titans were also in for him reportedly. I'd say playing for Wayne was a bigger pull than a lot of cold hard cash.
Ummm, you asked me to provide it. R U OK? Don’t take it so personally that there are articles that dispute your version of events. Playing for Wayne when he had just won the premiership? Umm ok again Wayne must have some powers beyond belief. I’d say Mundine and money had more of an influence to where he ended up than Wayne. In any case I followed this story as it happened and it was widely reported he was unhappy with the roosters offer so took off. Don’t wanna believe it? Fine by me.

End of thread ..
745BEEB9 69BE 46FC 8569 8CBD2E3463C9

Ummm, you asked me to provide it. R U OK? Don’t take it so personally that there are articles that dispute your version of events. Playing for Wayne when he had just won the premiership? Umm ok again Wayne must have some powers beyond belief. I’d say Mundine and money had more of an influence to where he ended up than Wayne. In any case I followed this story as it happened and it was widely reported he was unhappy with the roosters offer so took off. Don’t wanna believe it? Fine by me.
Actually, you were the one who asked me for evidence initially. If you already had it I don't see the point in asking me anyway. You obviously had to go looking after I put a couple of articles up. Everyone knows the Roosters pulled their offer. So he had no choice but to leave. And they aren't my version of events either. And the ones you posted aren't yours. You are as clueless as I am when it comes to the real story.

He clearly wanted to play under Bennett. Keep kidding yourself if you think he didn't and other players don't. If he got any advice from Mundine, it would have been talking Bennett up as well. Mundine and Wayne are pretty close, so he would have clearly told him to go with Wayne. It's not about believing your version. I take bits from everything because you don't get the full picture from one article. It's pretty common sense to see why he got paid less in his first year at South's.

You are just anti Bennett, which is fine. Doesn't matter if he wins the comp with South's on top of winning origin with a patched up, ordinary Queensland side. You will still dislike him.

Actually, you were the one who asked me for evidence initially. If you already had it I don't see the point in asking me anyway. You obviously had to go looking after I put a couple of articles up. Everyone knows the Roosters pulled their offer. So he had no choice but to leave.

He clearly wanted to play under Bennett. Keep kidding yourself if you think he didn't and other players don't. If he got any advice from Mundine, it would have been talking Bennett up as well. Mundine and Wayne are pretty close, so he would have clearly told him to go with Wayne.

You are just anti Bennett, which is fine. Doesn't matter if he wins the comp with South's on top of winning origin with a patched up, ordinary Queensland side. You will still dislike him.

from your own article “under a coach for 4 weeks he had previously not met”

I asked for evidence because as I said I followed the case and had never heard anything otherwise, I believe your article to be an anomaly. You tipping Souths this year? Only reason he would ever come back to the broncos is to knife kevvie in the back and coach again. I almost hope he does so I can keep watching the train wreck that is our club.

from your own article “under a coach for 4 weeks he had previously not met”

I asked for evidence because as I said I followed the case and had never heard anything otherwise, I believe your article to be an anomaly. You tipping Souths this year? Only reason he would ever come back to the broncos is to knife kevvie in the back and coach again. I almost hope he does so I can keep watching the train wreck that is our club.

I don't know who I'm tipping. It's going to be one of South's, Parra, Penrith and Melbourne.

I don't believe the article I posted is an anomaly. It's just one of many articles with nothing concrete behind them, just like the articles you posted. You can't back them up any more than I can with any proof.

" It is just the way Wayne goes about his business. People just want to play for him. I haven’t even played yet and I want to play for him," Mitchell said.

Putting your anti Bennett agenda to one side, he wanted to play under Wayne. There is a direct quote so we can actually take it as a fact, unlike anything else posted about contracts. end of story really.

I don't know who I'm tipping. It's going to be one of South's, Parra, Penrith and Melbourne.

I don't believe the article I posted is an anomaly. It's just one of many articles with nothing concrete behind them, just like the articles you posted. You can't back them up any more than I can with any proof.

" It is just the way Wayne goes about his business. People just want to play for him. I haven’t even played yet and I want to play for him," Mitchell said.

Putting your anti Bennett agenda to one side, he wanted to play under Wayne. There is a direct quote so we can actually take it as a fact, unlike anything else posted about contracts. end of story really.
Believe what you want, your man is yesterday’s hero.

Believe what you want, your man is yesterday’s hero.
Ha ha, so we are in the " believe what you want " territory now. Like i said, i take any contract talk in the media with a pinch of salt because i dont have anything to back it up. At the end of the day, i proved he wanted to play under Bennett. You couldnt prove a thing about contracts, i couldnt prove a thing about contracts. So according to the press, he's probably been on anything from $600k to a million a year since he left Souths. Who knows for sure apart from Latrell, his manager and the clubs involved.

I wouldnt call him yesterdays hero, but his best days are behind him. He is better option than Walters, Or Seibold was, and he is a better option than any other coach who is currently available for 2022. He's still a good NRL coach who gets the best out of players and if he was coach now we would be a better side. We wouldn't be top a top 6 side, but we wouldn't be a bottom 4 side either. He's still probably the best option we have out there to help with a rebuild. I'm not keen to see him in charge again tbh, but i'd be keen to see him in a role like they proposed to Bellamy or one like he had with New Zealand when they wont the world cup in 2008 and he was assistant. No reason at all we cant tap into his knowledge and experience if we wanted to and he was willing.

I thought the Roosters pulled Mitchell's contract so it became a matter of what he could get, as opposed to going to someone who offered more than $800k.

I thought the Roosters pulled Mitchell's contract so it became a matter of what he could get, as opposed to going to someone who offered more than $800k.

I believe they did. The $600k contract would have only been because he already got paid some of his rorters contract, so it is possible he could have been paid that. A bit like how Cam Smith would have only had to have been paid about $500k because he wouldnt have got paid for the entire year.

It could well have been the Roosters saying they have 800k when they didn't but then made it ok for them to spend it on other players and no one asking any questions.

Actually, saying he is a better option than any other coach could be a bit wrong. I feel dirty for saying it, but Flanagan could be a decent option. 🤢
Paging @Huge

Ha ha, so we are in the " believe what you want " territory now. Like i said, i take any contract talk in the media with a pinch of salt because i dont have anything to back it up. At the end of the day, i proved he wanted to play under Bennett. You couldnt prove a thing about contracts, i couldnt prove a thing about contracts. So according to the press, he's probably been on anything from $600k to a million a year since he left Souths. Who knows for sure apart from Latrell, his manager and the clubs involved.

I wouldnt call him yesterdays hero, but his best days are behind him. He is better option than Walters, Or Seibold was, and he is a better option than any other coach who is currently available for 2022. He's still a good NRL coach who gets the best out of players and if he was coach now we would be a better side. We wouldn't be top a top 6 side, but we wouldn't be a bottom 4 side either. He's still probably the best option we have out there to help with a rebuild. I'm not keen to see him in charge again tbh, but i'd be keen to see him in a role like they proposed to Bellamy or one like he had with New Zealand when they wont the world cup in 2008 and he was assistant. No reason at all we cant tap into his knowledge and experience if we wanted to and he was willing.
He helped drive our club into the ground. Starting in the 2015 gf, kicking to touch with a 4 point lead and 30 minutes to go. then all the ridiculous contracts to plodders he Helped hand out (I know you will deny this btw, it was all louise’s fault). He is an nepostistic(for lack of a better word) has been who gives jobs to the boys these days. He can ply his trade elsewhere until he’s one eyed willy, we don’t need him back. Donaghy would be far better off poaching Bellamy.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.