Bennett

rotorman

rotorman

BRL Player
Nov 15, 2016
Recently I've read Wallys 4books , loved them , what strikes me is how Wayne shafted him , not just him but the broncos in general , no doubt Wallys problem was he was bigger than the game , shit yeah , I just still can't come to terms with it , Wayne's jealously , I forgive Wayne , but I'll never forget , that simple !

I love Wayne and his book was one my most favourable reading experiences. I am conflicted about him though as there seems to exist two sides. A mysterious, too perfect fatherly figure, with a flawless moral compass, and the answers to everything. On the other side there is a man who is controlled by his own pride, and can not admit his own mistakes.

A very intriguing man.

TBF, those last two points are true of most men.
No exactly right. I just think that some people, me especially, are guilty of forgetting he's a just a regular guy. Which is something in sure he is uncomfortable with.

He's the Broncos coach. How he conducts himself outside of that role is not my business. So long as the team is competitive, and players are improving themselves, he's alright by me.

This.

Must be great being the other 15 coaches in the comp who are obviously perfect seeing the media only have things to report about Bennett.

How did Wayne shaft the Broncos?

This.

Must be great being the other 15 coaches in the comp who are obviously perfect seeing the media only have things to report about Bennett.

I perceive that there is a bit of payback going on because perhaps for the first time they (our golden rugby league journos) are sensing some degree of vulnerability on the part of WB.

WB has always appeared to pretty much have the press on a string, feeding the chooks to use one of Joh's old adages, and I have always had the impression that some of the more egotistical journos did not like this (#coughKentcough#).

Now they see a chink in his armour re his personal issues and they are going for it. He is more reactive to the press than I think I have ever seen this year.

At least from my perspective WB has to some degree traded on this straight shooter, family man with a strong moral compass role, therefore his actions have the appearance of hypocrisy, and the fifth estate is targetting in on this. His best reply would be to either deliver a premiership this year or a very strong run through the finals.

tbf recommending Henjak was a dick move.

Once again, I have never bought into the Saint Benny stuff. To me it appears that there is, and always has been a healthy ego operating with WB and quite a bit of street smarts. Why would you leave a club in a strong position and well set up with a good replacement, when you will have to turn around and compete against that club the following season.

You would have to say that he has form for recommending poor replacements Ivan, Steve Price although I don't know that he had much of a role in Rick Stone taking over in Newcastle. If you recall, when he left the broncos, he also recommended that number of players go to other clubs - Hannant, Eastwood, Ennis etc. Once again at the Saints, he took a number of players with him to Newcastle.

Realistically, other than Canberra (who had Don Furner as the head coach in any event) he has not left any of his subsequent clubs well set up and with good prospects of a run at a premiership. WB is at the end of the day in it for WB (and there is nothing wrong with this).

Anyone who thinks WB is only just now being shafted by the media have short memories. In 2005 he was absolutely slammed by any journo who had ink to spare in the big witch hunt of Bruno Cullen. The only thing that was off limits back then was his personal life because of the raw deal he and his wife were dealt with the health of 2 out of 3 of their kids. Anyone who thinks that because he and his wife has broken up means he does not have a strong moral compass needs to go and look at the statistics of how long marriages last with 1 child with special needs, let alone 2! Wayne and his wife smashed all of those to smithereens, adding into it the pressure of coaching a professional sports team I'd say they've done as well as could be expected.

Maybe he is a narcisstic sociopath like a few people say he is, or maybe he is that nice caring father figure a few more people say he is. I don't think he'd have been as successful as he has been if he wasn't at least a bit genuine.

Know players who have worked with him, and they cant speak highly enough of the bloke. He is tough but very fair as long as you are a team player.

I fail to see how Bennett's personal life should be judged by anyone. Don't just unless you have stepped into the shoes.

He has form for white-anting the club he is about to leave .....

I don't think I have ever met a coach who has gracefully resigned to coach another club yet put into place everything the club needs to be successful for the future. I don't think I will ever see one either

Recently I've read Wallys 4books , loved them , what strikes me is how Wayne shafted him , not just him but the broncos in general , no doubt Wallys problem was he was bigger than the game , shit yeah , I just still can't come to terms with it , Wayne's jealously , I forgive Wayne , but I'll never forget , that simple !
I am sure Wayne will be devastated that noted forums poster Rotorman will not forget an incident that he read about.

Active Now

• Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wendall Taylor
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gray
  • Fozz
  • Stix
  • Santa
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Kev_Guz
  • NSW stables
  • porouian
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.