11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Tevita Pangai Jr
17. David Fifita

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Thaiday deserves to start over Glenn, but obviously he offers more off the bench.

Could certainly make an argument for Blair, Reed, Wallace and Te'o. I don't consider Milford a utility, so it was him or Locky - even in the twilight of his career Locky was a better player.

Last edited:
1. Corey Norman
2. Ben Barba
3. Tautau Moga
4. Gehemat Shibasaki
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Josh Hoffman
7. Brodie Croft
8. Martin Kennedy
9. Corey Paix
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Jamil Hopoate
12. Korbin Sims
13. Thomas Flegler

14. Peter Wallace
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Ben Hannant
17. Scott Anderson

Last edited:
Could certainly make an argument for Blair, Reed, Wallace and Te'o. I don't consider Milford a utility, so it was him or Locky - even in the twilight of his career Locky was a better player.

No.......there is no argument for Peter Wallace. You were 100% right to leave him out of the best of........anything.

If we are talking at their peak:

1. Hodges
2. Oates
3. Folau
4. Reed
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

Bench is super tricky and took some time to compile.
14. Nikorima
15. Te’o (in his prime, he was a more complete player than Fifita)
16. Lodge
17. Another middle forward, perhaps even Carrigan (but I’m sure I’m forgetting someone)

Agree with Pete, Milford offers less as a utility than Nikorima.

1. Corey Norman
2. Ben Barba
3. Tautau Moga
4. Gehemat Shibasaki
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Josh Hoffman
7. Brodie Croft
8. Martin Kennedy
9. Corey Paix
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Jamil Hopoate
12. Korbin Sims
13. Thomas Flegler

14. Peter Wallace
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Ben Hannant
17. Scott Anderson
no room for Motu Tony? edit never mind wrong era

Last edited:
If we are talking at their peak:

1. Hodges
2. Oates
3. Folau
4. Reed
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

Bench is super tricky and took some time to compile.
14. Nikorima
15. Te’o (in his prime, he was a more complete player than Fifita)
16. Lodge
17. Another middle forward, perhaps even Carrigan (but I’m sure I’m forgetting someone)

Agree with Pete, Milford offers less as a utility than Nikorima.

This is your list, so don't take this the wrong way, but if your qualifier is their "peak", Roberts surely pisses all over Reed. Overall i would probably say Reed was better for us, but he could never do half of what the Jet could on his better days.

This is your list, so don't take this the wrong way, but if your qualifier is their "peak", Roberts surely pisses all over Reed. Overall i would probably say Reed was better for us, but he could never do half of what the Jet could on his better days.
Roberts could do things that not many could do, no doubt about it.

But Jack Reed was a more rounded player than Roberts. For the same reason I picked Te’o over Fifita, I don’t think the team I compiled needs world beaters in every single position. Indeed, I think it could be detrimental. Balance is the key.

It really is as simple as that.

Last edited:
1. Hodges
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Blair
15. Carrigan
16. Glenn
17. Civoniciva

Remember in 2014 when Hoffman was having one of the all-time pedestrian seasons a fullback has had, we shift Hodges there after waiting forever and in the last 3 games lays on more try assists than Hoffman had all season.

Hodges's passing game during his twilight years was amazing. He was throwing some bullet cut-out passes that Lockyer would have been jealous of, I wish he showed it earlier in his career.

1. Hodges
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Hunt
10. Haas
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Blair
15. Carrigan
16. Glenn
17. Civoniciva

If we get two Hodges, can we have two Haas?

Hodges's passing game during his twilight years was amazing. He was throwing some bullet cut-out passes that Lockyer would have been jealous of, I wish he showed it earlier in his career.

Didn't he go to the Roosters to play fullback? Got stuck behind Miniciello, came back here when Future Traitor Hunt was absolutely killing it, technically could have had his chance when Hunt left but was already an imbedded international at right centre by then.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.