VOTE Best Fullback in the League

Best Fullback in league

• Total voters
To be fair, Boyd hasn't really drastically improved his game in the last few years all that much. He's pretty much been the same since his Dragons days, just more polished. He's just finally getting noticed or recognised for it now. A lot of that recognition has come through the success of the Broncos in the past few years.

As for becoming the games best fullback, it's almost happened by default. That's not saying his skill set isn't up there among the best in that position, but for a large part of Boyd's career, he has been in the shadow of better fullbacks. Billy Slater without a doubt was head and shoulders above anyone else in the game, and with his absence due to injury, as well as the physical frailties of GI, Boyd has sort of sneaked his way to the top and become the benchmark.

There's no doubt Boyd is a complete fullback, and therefore for the time-being is currently the best fullback in the competition. In terms of overall attack and defence, he has the rest of the competition covered.

Inglis pretty much walked over the try line and he was nowhere to be seen. Goodwin made him look silly and on his last try Tedesco was again invisible. That's just from last nights game. I could go through last seasons games too but I can't be bothered watching terrible defensive efforts all afternoon. Speaking of which, Raiders are playing this afternoon. Expect a lot of points in that game. Rapana might let a few through and be voted worlds greatest winger because he is fast and evasive too.
That Inglis try was because Tedesco was looked in at scrum

2 years ago, I wouldn't have come near Boyd, but today I can't see anyone quite at his level... yet.

Inglis is broken, Tedesco is brilliant, but inconsistent, Hayne needs to prove himself all over again and RTS is a bit of an unknown, as speed and step is all he has shown so far.
Tommy Turbo will probably become the no.1 custodian, given Munster will shift into the 5/8 position, and might become a playmaker in Morgan's mould.
No one named him, because he's stuck behind the Australian and Queensland custodian, but I would rate Kahu high up there as well!

Then, there is French and Ponga, which have the most promise and could become serious contenders for the spot.

No lack of future in the position, that's for sure!

Looks pretty much like Boyd wins

Ha, couldn't be any worse than Duges.

Cheers editor.

Guys like Fai and Ese'ese are different types of players ... these are the guys that will make plenty of meters for you and give good impact if coming off the bench.

Arrow is your work horse player. he will play big minutes, with a high work rate and good defensively. he also will provide plenty of opportunities for our support runners as he has a good offload on him.
We don't have support runners. Boyd would be the worst supporting fullback in the comp. He is never there for the offload.

We don't have support runners. Boyd would be the worst supporting fullback in the comp. He is never there for the offload.

so your solution is to forget about people who can offload ... if we don't have any capable support runners, how about we coach that into them.

besides Macca, Milf and Nikorima are all decent support runners. Boyd isn't the only player in the team

So you want to trade Boyd for Hoppa then? We are a safe football team anyways so support play generally isn't need because we don't offload the ball at will. Even then, Macca is always there and can fire a quick pass out to Hunt or Milf who then link with Boyd because Boyds normally standing two or three out organising an attacking raid.

So you want to trade Boyd for Hoppa then? We are a safe football team anyways so support play generally isn't need because we don't offload the ball at will. Even then, Macca is always there and can fire a quick pass out to Hunt or Milf who then link with Boyd because Boyds normally standing two or three out organising an attacking raid.

Can you admit Boyd needs to improve his attack or what?

There is something to be said for knowing what is coming but not being able to stop it (Hodges etc).

But Boyd is a little one note at the line - I'm sure we can all agree?

Boyd isn't the best ballplaying fullback and his support could be a bit better, but really, 1) isn't an issue and 2) isn't purely him that needs to do better, Brisbane have had issues with support players for years.

There is something to be said for knowing what is coming but not being able to stop it (Hodges etc).

What is wrong with Boyd's attack. he is actually leading our TA's this season (= with Milford on 4). I know they aren't repeat sets, but still ...

that "one note at the line" is quite successful for us when attacking the opposition line.

Not to mention, Boyd took that 'one note at the line' all the way to the premiership at St. George.

What is wrong with Boyd's attack. he is actually leading our TA's this season (= with Milford on 4). I know they aren't repeat sets, but still ...

that "one note at the line" is quite successful for us when attacking the opposition line.

It works when it works. But when it doesn't, he has no plan b. It annoys me sometimes to watch. I assume your comment is also a reference to Ben Hunt's issues - so clever by the by.

Darius is improving every game. Taking harder runs, a few more tough ones for the team. And the team is responding. Always room to improve, even for the NUMBER ONE fullback in the game for however long.

It all depends on what you mean improve. Why does Boyd need to take on the line as much when he generally makes the right decision on whether to run or pass it out. I feel he makes the best decision for the team 9/10. Boyds attack is one of the least things I worry about. He sets the play up and flows with our attacking structure. Or do you want to go back to the dark ages with Hoffman at fullback who only knew how to throw a dummy and go himself on the backline sweep play

Not to mention, Boyd took that 'one note at the line' all the way to the premiership at St. George.

Hit me up when he takes Broncos to a premiership with it.

Boyd isn't the best ballplaying fullback and his support could be a bit better, but really, 1) isn't an issue and 2) isn't purely him that needs to do better, Brisbane have had issues with support players for years.

I cant really think of anyone else who is better than Boyd at playmaking from the back. Slater & Moylan would be the only two who rival him.

I cant really think of anyone else who is better than Boyd at playmaking from the back. Slater & Moylan would be the only two who rival him.
he's definitely improved recently, but yeah I would still put Slater and Moylan ahead of him.

I don't think it's an issue though, what he does is fine and works for us.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • thenry
  • Lozza
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.