Best National Team of the 90s

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This is a tough one to call, as there were only 3 world cup winners in the decade but a lot of great sides who couldve won were beaten on the day: these were the great sides i remember:

Brazil 94 or 98 (they won in 94, but i believe they were a much better side in 98 but choked in the final)
Italy 90 or 94
Germany 90
France 98
England 90
Argentina 90
Cameroon 90
Sweden 94
Netherlands 98

tough one to call, if Brazil had won in 98 then they would undoubtedly be number 1.

Brazil of 98. They choked, but only because Ronaldo had a seizure the night before.

Germany of 1990 were awesome as well as far as I have heard.

wheres ur 90s player avatar scotty?!? get to it!

that mid-late 90s brazil side was just amazing.

My fav player was Ronaldo, and ning has ronaldo :(

well put ronaldo in too!

lol I'll do it when I get home and can find a decent pic. Right now work has blocks on too many sites.

haha fair enough

I wanna put a 90's player in so bad, but I lurrrve my avatar.

I'd have Giafranco Zola.

do it lachy!! Zola is awesome! put a picture of him in a Parma jersey!

I'm thinking about putting mine as Kevin Phillips, but I'm sure you would all laugh at me lol

Scotty said:
I'm thinking about putting mine as Kevin Phillips, but I'm sure you would all laugh at me lol

Penny probably doesn't even know who he is!

i know him, he was alright once upon a time, what happened to him?

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

Penny probably doesn't even know who he is!

Hence why he would laugh at me [icon_lol1.

Massive MASSIVE legend at Sunderland, and a player I am blessed enough to have seen play live for the club I love and follow. Fun fact for you, Kevin Phillips is the only English player to have ever won the European golden boot icon_thumbs_u That was in the 99-00 Season.

Brazil 98' was the best, and Ning stole my 90's player avatar :P

haha u have the 2000s version of Fenomeno lol. someone needs to rock the ronaldo in a barca kit...

Changed to Figo. I have to explain though, I despise this guy than almost anyone in football but until after Euro 2000 he was just about my favourite player. The greed he showed in betraying Barca is unforgivable but I absolutely loved him in the 90's at Barca.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • the_next
  • Fozz
  • leish107
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.