• Te Maire Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Thank you to everyone who participated yesterday. Unfortunately I've learned the hard way that there is a 10-option limit on the poll so on the basis of first come first served @soup's nomination for Joe Greenwood has been cut.

Sorry for the confusion, mate!

The poll will be up for 7 days, so by this time next week we will have our answer. Who did you vote for and why?

My vote is for Joe Greenwood!

Through out the majority of the season, I was convinced it was going to be between Josh Addo-Carr, Paul Vaughan and the one guy who failed to receive one nomination, the Origin starter Jarrod Wallace.

However, the Eels started making inroads and there was no better player than Nathan Brown. If it wasn't for Jason Taumalolo, Brown would be my Lock of the Season and must be in contention for an Origin position. It was never a matter of talent for Brown, he was always one of the best of his age group. Unfortunately his temper and discipline often got the best of him and he's evidently worked hard on those facets since he's become a real clean skin. The only incident I can recall from Brown was the Pearson head-high and even that looked worse than it really was.

When it comes to buy of the year, I have a reasonable set of criteria.

How well did they play?
How much did they improve by?
What impact did they have on the competition?

Brown just has a slight edge over the rest of the competition.

I was lookin for him, but he really was only relevant in our SVRL teams ;)

It was a magical 5 weeks, outside of scoring one of the best tries of the season, his major contribution was trade fodder for Corey Harawira-Naera.

As amazing as it is for me to have to admit now, my vote goes to Benji Marshall.

The bloke was super league bound for all money. He was done. I was miffed when we signed him, even on chips and a coke. I thought he'd be damn lucky to play in the 17 all year barring injury coverage. He has gone a long way to silencing his critics since then. He's ended up being almost a regular off the bench and his presence on our books has saved us from some very tight spots where we could have easily lost a game if a lesser player were playing instead of him. Last week is the perfect example of this. Boyd is out, so instead of having to reshuffle the whole lineup, Nikorima goes straight to fullback and Marshall comes straight in.

He has found a second gear at our club, and it just goes to show that for all of his many haters, Bennett has still got it.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • peter09
  • broncoscope
  • The Don
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Redux
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Fitzy
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.