BHQ Fans Getting Their Wishes

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Well here we are forum.

We've finally given the "up and commers" a run, given the side to them and moved on old blood.

We have gone with a natural halfback instead of two running halves.

We now have Macca out of the team temporarily which gives a speedy hooker a chance to make a claim for the long held 9 jersey.

Will be interesting how things progress from here. Our worst start ever. Most inexperienced side ever.

Very interesting

Well here we are forum.

We've finally given the "up and commers" a run, given the side to them and moved on old blood.

We have gone with a natural halfback instead of two running halves.

We now have Macca out of the team temporarily which gives a speedy hooker a chance to make a claim for the long held 9 jersey.

Will be interesting how things progress from here. Our worst start ever. Most inexperienced side ever.

Very interesting

I'm happy about the changes. I'm not sure if Turpin is the answer at 9 but given his performances in first grade so far, we know he will be an improvement on Macca.

We still need in inject a dynamic fullback. I wonder if Tannah Boyd could slot in here. Not sure if he is quick enough, but it would be handy having someone with his skill set back there. He also has a great combination with Fifita for whenever Seibold wakes up to himself and reinstates Fifita to a starting role like he should have been all season. At this point he is only hampering his development.

Last edited:
Interestingly Parker claimed Turpin is one of the most loved and respected players at the Broncos, he said he plays well above his weight but will not be able to sustain for 80 mins so Glenn will cover for him.

Interestingly Parker claimed Turpin is one of the most loved and respected players at the Broncos, he said he plays well above his weight but will not be able to sustain for 80 mins so Glenn will cover for him.
As much as Glenn isn't a hooker, this at least increases Fifita's minutes on the edge.

long may it continue, as i've said in other threads, there's no harm in trying. we're doing shithouse this season so why not make changes with the view to the future, it isn't going to get much worse short term, but long term there's potentially huge windfalls.

long may it continue, as i've said in other threads, there's no harm in trying. we're doing shithouse this season so why not make changes with the view to the future, it isn't going to get much worse short term, but long term there's potentially huge windfalls.
Go all the way strip the team back to bare bones and build again.

As much as I wanted to see these changes nothing will make a difference if we keep dropping the ball and not sticking with first contact. With all the moaning about certain players this gets overlooked a bit.

Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of hookers can’t sustain 80 minutes and if they could, at a stretch would you want them to? Especially when you’re a team that needs direction and spark from dummy half, as we have been, for 10 years or more?

If we can get 50-60 quality minutes out of a decent hooker, I’ll take that every day of the week over 80 average minutes...

It’s why we traditionally went with a utility on the bench. Someone who can cover a bit of hooker / halves / backs at a pinch / lock for a few minutes,

It’s called depth as well having such a player around. I wonder why it’s seemingly so unfashionable?

I would just about kill for a John Plath these days...

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Rambstien
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Astro
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.