BHQ Player of Round Eighteen

Who is your player of Round Eighteen? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Saturday’s match against Gold Coast Titans and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Monday afternoon.

Gamble easily with only 30 mins on the feild, after that, Fleggs and Hosking.

3 - Riki
2 - Mam
1 - Hosking

honorable mention to Flegler, Gamble, Pereira and Hetherington

Pereira, Riki and Gamble.

Reynolds hasn't been the same player since doing his ribs, hopefully it keeps healing and he'll be back to his best before the finals.

We've got quite a few to choose from but I am going:

3 - Riki (JUST shaded Hosking)
2 - Hosking (we've unearthed a gem)
1 - Palasia (he won't get the plaudits he deserves, he is a machine)

Honourable mention to everyone else except Kennedy and Niu.

Riki and the 2 wingers! All of them saved us a bunch if times.

Pereira, Riki and Gamble.

Reynolds hasn't been the same player since doing his ribs, hopefully it keeps healing and he'll be back to his best before the finals.

I don't think Reyno was too bad. It was a scrappy, grinding game and his game management played a big part in our win, he was also solid defensively.

We've got quite a few to choose from but I am going:

3 - Riki (JUST shaded Hosking)
2 - Hosking (we've unearthed a gem)
1 - Palasia (he won't get the plaudits he deserves, he is a machine)

Honourable mention to everyone else except Kennedy and Niu.
I agree, Palasia was great tonight (and last week). I had him ticked at first, but couldn't leave Pereira out.

I don't think Reyno was too bad. It was a scrappy, grinding game and his game management played a big part in our win, he was also solid defensively.
He wasn't bad, but well below his brilliance before his rib injury.

Can't believe Gamble isn't topping the poll, I understand the efforts of Hosking and Riki who had very good performances, but Gamble had his hands on all our points, the first try while he didn't have direct involvement came after we unsettled their defence with an excellent line run from Gamble from pivot which gave Staggs a breaking run, then the other two tries where completely on Gambles hands.

I think it was one of the best 30 min performances of a player I have seen all season from us, he did look completely destroyed after his stint though when he came off, but he was in everything in attack with middle work in defence I think given time he can be an elite lock if he can build on his minutes, given unlike the other elite ball playing locks he is an actual half with much better long and short passing ability, he has this knack of attracting soo many defenders when he does a pass on the line which completely opens up the opposition defence.

There is a reason we haven't lost a single game this season when he plays.

Can't believe Gamble isn't topping the poll, I understand the efforts of Hosking and Riki who had very good performances, but Gamble had his hands on all our points, the first try while he didn't have direct involvement came after we unsettled their defence with an excellent line run from Gamble from pivot which gave Staggs a breaking run, then the other two tries where completely on Gambles hands.

I think it was one of the best 30 min performances of a player I have seen all season from us, he did look completely destroyed after his stint though when he came off, but he was in everything in attack with middle work in defence I think given time he can be an elite lock if he can build on his minutes, given unlike the other elite ball playing locks he is an actual half with much better long and short passing ability, he has this knack of attracting soo many defenders when he does a pass on the line which completely opens up the opposition defence.

I love Gamble too and agree with everything in your post

I suppose it’s a great thing that so many others in the side are performing well

I gave my votes to Riki, Hoeter and Pereira as those boys saved our skins so many times tonight. I can see the merit in votes for almost every other player though too

If he’s not careful we’ll take Tyson and what he brings for granted which may be why he’s not getting as many votes besides his short-ish minutes

Yep I also agree with those points regarding Tyson. He was excellent as he tends to usually be these days and is definitely unlikely to miss out in a 3, 2, 1 poll but so are many others. There were a number of really good performers again and no shame in not getting votes.

Riki, Mam, Hosking, but not with massive conviction. Everyone made mistakes, but did enough to win. Hard to complain.

At no point did I think the Titans looked the better team. We outclassed them right across the park, including Fifita, who **** me, let's never take back.

That said, the match could've gone either way, and at no point did we flex our superiority.

For me, everyone got a pass mark, and the win at a time of year we traditionally faded, against a low tier team who played out of their skins, is a good enough result.

We should keep Hoskings on at least minimum wage, and let him fight for a bench spot. Of which, Gamble is tying down one of those spots in my full strength team.

I’d love to give Tyson a preseason there to bulk up and get fitter.

8. Carrigan
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Flegler
16. Jensen
17. Gamble

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.