BHQ Player of Round Fifteen

Who is your player of Round Fifteen? (Pick 3)

• 3. Kotoni Staggs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Brenko Lee

• 5. Selwyn Cobbo

• 12. Jordan Riki

• 14. Jake Turpin

• 16. Thomas Flegler

• 17. Keenan Palasia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 - Oates
2 - Capewell
1 - Carrigan

Voting will close in 3 hours.

If you haven't got your vote in yet, get it in now.

Voting is closed and with a total of 31 votes (70.5%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 15 is Corey Oates.

NRLRound15MOTMCoreyOates

Patrick Carrigan coming second with 27 votes (61.4%), and Kurt Capewell coming third with 24 votes (54.5%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 15

1. Adam Reynolds362
2. Corey Oates312
3. Patrick Carrigan257
4. Selwyn Cobbo223
5. Herbie Farnworth189
6. Payne Haas175
7. Kotoni Staggs168
8. Te Maire Martin121
9. Albert Kelly82
10. Billy Walters82
11. Kurt Capewell80
12. Ezra Mam73
13. Thomas Flegler63
14. Kobe Hetherington50
15. Corey Jensen45
16. Tyson Gamble41
17. Cory Paix38
18. Keenan Palasia20
19. TC Robati16
20. Jordan Riki12
21. Jake Turpin6
22. Rhys Kennedy6
23. Tesi Niu4
24. Tyrone Roberts4
25. Ryan James2
26. Brenko Lee1
27. Jordan Pereira1
28. Brendan Piakura0
29. David Mead0
30. Delouise Hoeter0
31. Logan Bayliss0
32. Xavier Willison0

It's crazy that Oates isn't playing for QLD, been the best winger in the competition, leading winger in the comp for run meters, post contact, Kick return meters and 3rd in top try scorer.

Basically the number 1 outside back for the tough carries daylight second.

Just curious, can anyone tell me what happened to Haas? He went from getting a million points every round to next to none.
Any idea what might have caused that?

Just curious, can anyone tell me what happened to Haas? He went from getting a million points every round to next to none.
Any idea what might have caused that?
3 main reasons

The team has been in a purple patch of form, so you could almost pick anyone in the 17 every week. That's a really good change.
Haas is BHQ's most hated player, so most wouldn't vote for him no matter how he plays.
He has 2 busted shoulders so he's playing a little bit below his best.

He was very good last game so he made it in my top 3.

3 main reasons

The team has been in a purple patch of form, so you could almost pick anyone in the 17 every week. That's a really good change.
Haas is BHQ's most hated player, so most wouldn't vote for him no matter how he plays.
He has 2 busted shoulders so he's playing a little bit below his best.

He was very good last game so he made it in my top 3.
Yep, was 50% sarcasm, 50% honestly wondering.

I cant help but feel like the timing is more than a coincidence (i could very well be wrong).
But he went from the most voted for Bronco in three seasons to next to none on the back of asking for an immediate release.

Has his from dropped right off? Is it disgruntled fans? Has the team risen and surpassed him? Or a mix of all of it?
If his shoulders were not wrecked, would the votes look any different you think?

I cant help but feel like the timing is more than a coincidence (i could very well be wrong).
But he went from the most voted for Bronco in three seasons to next to none on the back of asking for an immediate release.

Has his from dropped right off? Is it disgruntled fans? Has the team risen and surpassed him? Or a mix of all of it?

It's a mix of all 3 IMO, but from my point of view it's mainly the last reason. Everyone is putting in so he has to go above and beyond now to score points.

You don't disrespect the club like he has and remain in fans good books, as simple as that. Plus Carrigan performs as well, if not better of late and is extremely likeable, so he is taking Haas's votes.

If his shoulders were not wrecked, would the votes look any different you think?
I think it's awesome that he isn't automatic pick anymore, for about 3 years there he was one of the only guys who put in every week, Carrigan too although he's spent large periods injured. I don't think his injury is the reason he isn't getting points, he's still been excellent if you can look past the off field.

Now we have genuine stars like Reynolds, Capes who is a match winner, Carrigan in career best form, Staggs actually earning his 700k, Oates in career best form, Cobbo's fast rise to stardom, there's so many guys who are worth points now, and it shows because we're actually winning. You don't win games when 2 or 3 guys put in, you need all 17 to put in every week.

Round 1 - 49 votes 66% [place: First]
Round 2 - 43 votes 52% [place: Third]
Round 3 - 17 votes 39% [place: Third]
Round 4 - 17 votes 46% [place: Second]
Round 5 - 12 votes 22% [did not place]
Round 6 - Suspended for being a twat
Round 7 - 18 votes 26% [did not place]
Round 8 - 4 votes 6% [did not place]
Round 9 - Injured
Round 10 - 0 votes 0%
Round 11 - 9 votes 12% [did not place]
<before round 12 - drops the bombshell>

Read into that what you want - but I think he was well on his way down the list a long way before the contract tantrum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He was the best player - in a very poorly performing team. Now that we have a team of performers, he's really just one of the team now and that has nothing to do with his contract saga. Probably from the above, more to do with him being a giant bell end and getting suspended for it - again.

Carrigan's return from injury has been a big reason why Haas has been getting less votes.

Before that game against Souths, it was Haas doing the bulk of the work so he was getting more votes, but since that game his involvement has decreased. Carrigan and the other forwards in the pack have lifted their game so Haas is no longer carrying the pack on his shoulders.

We all know the biggest reason Haas isn't getting votes is because of his release request. Against Storm he had 15 runs for 180m with 87pcm with 28tackles and 1 miss, and he got a total of 3 votes. He had better attacking stats than Patty, but made a few less tackles, yet Patty got 27 votes.

Patrick "Magic" Carrigan had more effective runs than Payne "Suss" Haas.
Carrigan has learnt to go forward not sideways like a 🦀 but Haas hasn't learnt to find his feet quickly probably because he is mostly on his back like a 🐢

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.