BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Friday’s match against Penrith Panthers and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Monday afternoon.

Haas
Reynolds
Oates

We don't win that game without Reynolds.

Oates made a couple of mistakes, but he was absolutely huge for us and got us out of trouble so many times.

Haas was out of this world.

Adam, Pat and Payne. With fourteen players tied behind them.

I've got Reynolds as MotM so far... his composure at the back end of the game to be kicking it dead and buying time with players gassed all around him... and then organising the set to kick the field goal. Thought his game management was awesome tonight and was key to getting us the win.

Haas I've got 2nd... massive meters from him tonight and looked our best middle. Thought Patty was good, but quieter than usual.

Haven't got a third yet, but Staggs defence was good, Oates was great except for the late crucial errors, Herbie with two tries, but looked a little quiet in the yardage. Arthars was super solid defensively, but not a lot of chances. Ezra with the brilliant run for the second try and some great defence, but had a few lapses inside the 20m.

Every player was good tonight but it was a real team effort with the defence.

Maybe I'll go Ezra, because he created a try from nothing and put some great shots on in defence being up against their main edge forward in Martin.

Reynolds by a mile. Then Mam and Staggs.
Otherwise, no clear standouts, but no duds either.
Cobbo about as expected. Not as bad as many are saying.
Paix looked sharper than Billy. But Billy did a few good things. One led to a try.
Got the job done.

DEFENCE

Tackles​
Missed​
Ineffective​
Carrigan
50​
1​
2​
Riki
39​
4​
1​
Jensen
34​
2​
Paix
31​
1​
Reynolds
27​
1​
1​
Haas
27​
Walters
26​
6​
1​
Capewell
25​
3​
2​
Staggs
19​
1​
2​
Palasia
19​
4​
Mam
16​
7​
3​
Flegler
12​
Taupau
11​
1​
Farnworth
8​
2​
Arthars
6​
Cobbo
5​
3​
Oates
2​
3​

I'm not understanding the enormous praise for Staggs I wasn't impressed with him as much as others. Yes I'll give credit to his defence he stepped up alot but that was it. Staggs sat himself on the sideline and never come in to do the hard work like Farnworth and Oates did. He was lazy and I reckon the reason he went off was because he was gased not injury.

I'm not understanding the enormous praise for Staggs I wasn't impressed with him as much as others. Yes I'll give credit to his defence he stepped up alot but that was it. Staggs sat himself on the sideline and never come in to do the hard work like Farnworth and Oates did. He was lazy and I reckon the reason he went off was because he was gased not injury.
I've got the feeling by halfway through the season there won't be a team that wants to run at Staggs.

Staggs has venom in his defense and I reckon he rattles the blokes he tackles. Saw glimpses of it last night and the only bloke on the field that put a harder shot on was Maam.

Staggs is going to have a good
Season I reckon.

I said it in the post game thread, i dont think we a standout. Really hard to pick 3. but i think i'd go for

Reynolds
Staggs
Oates. Even though Oatsey dropped a couple, he was taking some massive, tough runs towards the end when we were under big pressure.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.