BHQ Player of Round One

Who is your player of Round One? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got this idea from what a LFC fan forum (RAOTL) awards to the young player of the year each season over in England. I'm not a member there, but they call it 'The Golden Samba'. It's an Adidas Samba shoe painted gold and mounted with a little plaque underneath (photos below).

We could go with something similar with a footy boot painted maroon, or maroon and gold/yellow, or any other item that you associate with Brisbane or Queensland whether it's rugby league related or whatever. For instance, a mini footy, mini goal posts, or even a mini goal post, lol.

Or, we could even just do a golden boot trophy itself - a quick Google tells me there's plenty of trophy making businesses that offer it, and fairly cheaply too, so it'd be the easiest thing.

I just reckon it'd be pretty cool to know your vote every week is going to result in an actual physical award to someone - they'll get that recognition which they may not necessarily get from any official awards, the Dally M, etc.

How it came about - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-golden-samba-ultimate-3375463

Some photos:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.