BHQ Player of Round Ten

Who is your player of Round Ten? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's interesting. I would've had him around the bottom of my ranking. Not that he played badly or anything. I just thought he looked a bit slower than everyone else. It was an outstanding team performance. I wouldn't be dropping anyone or changing anything.

I suspect whoever you watched intently last night, you'll be thinking they put in a MOTM worthy performance.

That said, Reynolds owns this team. I defy anyone to name a better buy in the history of rugby league. In my opinion he has leapfrogged Cleary to be the NRL's most valuable player. I also think if you're not picturing Selwyn as the future Kangaroos fullback, you might be undervaluing him.

I agree Reynolds owns this team and for mine, that ownership is what counts. Unlike at Souths, here he can be himself, play footie unrestricted by a strange Souths game plan which effectively constrained what he could do, as Souths are now discovering.

As far as Cleary goes, I reckon Reynolds is the smarter player with youth on his side. Much prefer him to Cleary.

It's also good to see everyone enjoying themselves out there. Big big difference to recent years.

I agree Reynolds owns this team and for mine, that ownership is what counts. Unlike at Souths, here he can be himself, play footie unrestricted by a strange Souths game plan which effectively constrained what he could do, as Souths are now discovering.

As far as Cleary goes, I reckon Reynolds is the smarter player with youth on his side. Much prefer him to Cleary.

It's also good to see everyone enjoying themselves out there. Big big difference to recent years.
I think it’ll be great for his legacy, much like Cronk leaving the storm toward the end of his career. Showing what they can do when they’re the main man.

I think it’ll be great for his legacy, much like Cronk leaving the storm at the end of the year. Showing what they can do when they’re the main man.
Yes, I reckon Reynolds is right at his peak now. The next couple of years will be about him grooming a successor - someone I can't even see on the radar - and playing midfield general in a gradually less hands-on role. As an extreme example, like Cronk for the Roosters in the GF.

What he's brought, that we've sorely lacked since Lockyer retired, is football brains. They don't tend to come young, so we'd better be in the market for a twenty something. I don't have any suggestions. They don't come around often, and they don't come cheap.

Nicho Hynes looked the goods, but Reynolds completely snuffed him in the last encounter.

Reynolds is my 3 point getter, then it's tough. I really want to give Herbie points for finally passing to Oates for a try.

3 - Reynolds
2 - Patty (Showing more and more with Flegs that Haas should not be paid a million)
1 - Oates - Multiple tries, over 250m with majority of those coming from our own end. Bloke is flying.

Cobbo, Herbie, Jensen, Flegler and Haas all with cases to feature.

It's nice not to auto-pick Haas every week.

The sign of a functional team.

Haas is playing well within himself and it is working really well for the team because within himself is still just about equal to every other elite forward in the comp.

The thing is, guys like Haas, Cobbo, TMM, Staggs offensively, Flegs and a few others still have a level or two more to go to. We are really well placed for a cracker of a season.

Haas is playing well within himself and it is working really well for the team because within himself is still just about equal to every other elite forward in the comp.

The thing is, guys like Haas, Cobbo, TMM, Staggs offensively, Flegs and a few others still have a level or two more to go to. We are really well placed for a cracker of a season.
He really focused on ball playing last night, and still managed well over 100m.

Yes, I reckon Reynolds is right at his peak now. The next couple of years will be about him grooming a successor - someone I can't even see on the radar - and playing midfield general in a gradually less hands-on role. As an extreme example, like Cronk for the Roosters in the GF.

What he's brought, that we've sorely lacked since Lockyer retired, is football brains. They don't tend to come young, so we'd better be in the market for a twenty something. I don't have any suggestions. They don't come around often, and they don't come cheap.

Nicho Hynes looked the goods, but Reynolds completely snuffed him in the last encounter.
Yeah that’s the biggest headache we have at the moment.

There’s Ezra Mam but no matter how good of a 5/8, I just don’t think he’s a game manager. Gray maybe but he’ll be too young when Reynolds contract is up.

External options aren’t too obvious either. Most established halfbacks are not too dissimilar in age to Reynolds. As you said, Hynes stands out as the right age and skill set. Mitch Moses will be early 30s and not exactly a loved figure unless he matures quite a bit over the years. Hastings is looking like a great option and he is off contract a year before Reynolds’ contract finishes. Could break the tigers hearts and get him to play 6 for us until Reyno finishes up.

Then you’ve got young guys who will be of a decent age by then: Walker, Dearden, Schneider, Bud at the dragons, Sexton, Ilias.

3 years is a long time in rugby league but my hit list would probably look like:

1. Hastings
Available: 2024
Age at time: 28

2. Walker
Age at time: 23

3. Hynes
Available: 2025
Age at time: 30

Walker is the one we want and if we are firing still at that time, we’ll be a proposition for him.

The thing about the ball playing in our forwards, they are doing it smartly and you can see it is causing defenders headaches because they don’t know whether to commit to the runner or hand back for either the ball movement or second phase. It is unpredictable and full credit to the coaches.

I tell you what. Reynolds is undeniably player of the game but my two points are going to Jensen. Stats wise, he outperformed Haas and was on par with Carrigan. He is right up there with buy of the year and if Reynolds wasn't next level, he'd be right up there in discussions.
Agreed mate. It's hard to believe and tbh I never heard of the bloke before coming here

Yeah that’s the biggest headache we have at the moment.

There’s Ezra Mam but no matter how good of a 5/8, I just don’t think he’s a game manager. Gray maybe but he’ll be too young when Reynolds contract is up.

External options aren’t too obvious either. Most established halfbacks are not too dissimilar in age to Reynolds. As you said, Hynes stands out as the right age and skill set. Mitch Moses will be early 30s and not exactly a loved figure unless he matures quite a bit over the years. Hastings is looking like a great option and he is off contract a year before Reynolds’ contract finishes. Could break the tigers hearts and get him to play 6 for us until Reyno finishes up.

Then you’ve got young guys who will be of a decent age by then: Walker, Dearden, Schneider, Bud at the dragons, Sexton, Ilias.

3 years is a long time in rugby league but my hit list would probably look like:

1. Hastings
Age at time: 28

2. Walker
Age at time: 23

3. Hynes
Available: 2025
Age at time: 30
-walker would be great but I dont see the roosters losing him.

Short of somehow signing a gun or another option popping out of nowhere. Other options i know of:
- Gamble has shown that he adopts the dominant half role pretty well. I hope he is getting pointers on his kicking from reynolds.
- Josh James. He had developed a pretty good partnership with ezra at souths before leaving and has a decent boot.
- Jake Clifford. I still think he can be a decent player, and has a good boot.
-Jock Madden. Stuck behind a few options at the tigers. An apprenticeship under reynolds would be really good for him.
- Kurt falls. Playing lower grades at Penrith. Half that has had to mature in the lower grades.
- jayden sullivan (although not sure if he is a game manager).

Or any options in super league?

Voting will close in 2 hours.

If you haven't got your votes in, get them in now.

Voting is closed and with a total of 76 votes (98.7%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 10 is Adam Reynolds.

NRLRound10MOTMAdamReynolds

Selwyn Cobbo coming second with 62 votes (80.5%), and Patrick Carrigan coming third with 38 votes (49.4%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 10

1. Adam Reynolds359
2. Corey Oates196
3. Patrick Carrigan167
4. Herbie Farnworth161
5. Payne Haas160
6. Kotoni Staggs143
7. Selwyn Cobbo143
8. Albert Kelly82
9. Kurt Capewell51
10. Te Maire Martin46
11. Corey Jensen39
12. Kobe Hetherington34
13. Thomas Flegler30
14. Billy Walters28
15. Keenan Palasia19
16. Cory Paix16
17. TC Robati8
18. Tyson Gamble8
19. Jake Turpin6
20. Rhys Kennedy6
21. Tesi Niu5
22. Jordan Riki4
23. Jamayne Isaako2
24. Ryan James2
25. Brendan Piakura0
26. Brenko Lee0
27. David Mead0
28. Delouise Hoeter0
29. Ezra Mam0
30. Jordan Pereira0
31. Logan Bayliss0
32. Tyrone Roberts0
33. Xavier Willison0

Voting is closed and with a total of 76 votes (98.7%), BHQ's Man of the Match for Round 10 is Adam Reynolds.

View attachment 18364

Selwyn Cobbo coming second with 62 votes (80.5%), and Patrick Carrigan coming third with 38 votes (49.4%).

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND 10

1. Adam Reynolds359
2. Corey Oates196
3. Patrick Carrigan167
4. Herbie Farnworth161
5. Payne Haas160
6. Kotoni Staggs143
7. Selwyn Cobbo143
8. Albert Kelly82
9. Kurt Capewell51
10. Te Maire Martin46
11. Corey Jensen39
12. Kobe Hetherington34
13. Thomas Flegler30
14. Billy Walters28
15. Keenan Palasia19
16. Cory Paix16
17. TC Robati8
18. Tyson Gamble8
19. Jake Turpin6
20. Rhys Kennedy6
21. Tesi Niu5
22. Jordan Riki4
23. Jamayne Isaako2
24. Ryan James2
25. Brendan Piakura0
26. Brenko Lee0
27. David Mead0
28. Delouise Hoeter0
29. Ezra Mam0
30. Jordan Pereira0
31. Logan Bayliss0
32. Tyrone Roberts0
33. Xavier Willison0
Who’d ever imagine that Haas would drop as low as 5th. That’s a great sign.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.