BHQ Player of Round Ten

Who is your player of Round Ten? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Friday’s match against Manly Sea Eagles and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes in 48 hours.

Great game, and most of the team deserve a point.

Staggs - great runs out of trouble (really picking up the meters left by no Oates)

Walters - dude seems to be getting better and better at 9 each week.

Riki - every little thing he does makes such a difference - one of my favourite players.

Special mention to all the forwards during that 2nd half. Must have been gassed, but great defence.

I thought Mam was a bit off tonight seemed to bump off a lot of tackles...
10 missed tackles, Olakau'atu created breaks through him especially in the second half, not his best game defensively.

3. Patty: Thought he had a great no frills game alongside Payne to dominate Manly's middle and take them out of the game. Played a great link man role in the middle in the first half to keep the ball moving and get it out to Reynolds on the edge... was running in behind the ruck to put pressure on the A defenders and markers, as well as a bust down the middle but couldn't quite find Ezra. Also got through before that looking for an offload but had no one in support.

2. Payne: Came back and his presence was known in the first set of the game with a 15m run to get us into an attacking kick range. Not sure why Kevvie went with 60mins straight but maybe he just wanted to completely take manly out of it by playing the two big guns in the middle. Appeared to put the offload away this game though.

1. Riki: His kick chase was insane and locked Turbo down all night... including manhandling him back into the ingoal. It's so vital to our performances at the moment

Thought Walsh and cobbo were great. Looking forward to when Walsh matures as a player and learns better selection and pressure building. Gave the last point to flegler just because of the fact I have been concerned about the number of runs he has been taking and he fixed that massively tonight and made DCE make a lot of tackles throughout the game

Aloot of good players tonight, I thought staggs had a fantastic performance in the first half and was still solid in the second, a really good bounce back from last week's poor performance.

Riki was good again. Great kick pressure as he has been delivering all season.

Reynolds controller the game well.

Patty and Payne were awesome again just need to work out the best way to rotate our forwards which I think will change from game to game and we are just very lucky they have the motors they do but in an ideal world we need to be rotating them better when we can.

Need to pick at least 5 this week.
Think I'll sleep on it, watch the replay tomorrow & go from there.

3 - Riki
2 - Cobbo
1 - Walters

Ehh I don’t know, they were all great.

Might as well just automatically select Payne each week and ask us to select 2 others. I don’t know if I can remember a player as consistent in my life.

Went Walsh and Reyno but Herbie, Riki, Patty all unlucky to miss out

Might as well just automatically select Payne each week and ask us to select 2 others. I don’t know if I can remember a player as consistent in my life.

Went Walsh and Reyno but Herbie, Riki, Patty all unlucky to miss out
He's genuinely a freak of nature. I noticed he's changing his PTBs now. Sometimes he'll go for a run and carry 3 guys 10 metres and sometimes he'd dive straight for the ground to get a quick PTB. Big fella is really smart. He'd have to be the most reliable player in the game too, he rarely makes any mistake and has absolutely zero grub in him.

I'd really love to see him play some stints in the Backrow and run at centres. Not full games, but copy what NAS does.

He's genuinely a freak of nature. I noticed he's changing his PTBs now. Sometimes he'll go for a run and carry 3 guys 10 metres and sometimes he'd dive straight for the ground to get a quick PTB. Big fella is really smart. He'd have to be the most reliable player in the game too, he rarely makes any mistake and has absolutely zero grub in him.

I'd really love to see him play some stints in the Backrow and run at centres. Not full games, but copy what NAS does.
Yeah it’s really unbelievable what he’s producing. He has missed like 2 tackles all year; made something like 1 error. He is nothing short of greatness and he is somehow still getting better.

Yeah it’s really unbelievable what he’s producing. He has missed like 2 tackles all year; made something like 1 error. He is nothing short of greatness and he is somehow still getting better.
I'd be interested to find out what his average MT rate and error rate are over his career. He'd be up there with the best ever IMO. I genuinely can't remember a player in the middle having such a freakishly low error rate.

Even his offloads, they're rarely dumb ones that put the team under pressure. I think his footy IQ is well underrated in the media.

He's even got a nice short pass but he seems like the kind of player who doesn't like to overplay his hand but (hopefully) if he commits and stays with us long term and continues to get better I have no doubt he'll go down as our best ever forward, arguably a top 5 overall too.

Re-sign Payno. Losing him will fucking hurt.

Payne, Walsh and Riki

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

3 - Walsh
2 - Haas
1 - Cobbo

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Foordy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.