BHQ Player of Round Thirteen

Who is your player of Round Thirteen? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pick your three best players from Saturday's match against New Zealand Warriors and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes in 48 hours.

Reynolds, Walters and Mam. Sailor close

Hard to pick this week... Reynolds is a certainty, but Tristan, Palasia, Jensen, Kobe, Mariner, Billy and Capewell all in contention for the remaining votes.

Will have to have a think about it.

I'm thinking Tristan is getting one of the votes at this stage

“Payne Haas” Palasia for his first half efforts

Reynolds for being Reynolds

Third was really difficult, I really wanted to give it to Billy who had a great game. Marty was great too. Hetherington, Riki were good. But Capewell really turned it on once he went to the middle so I gave him my final vote.

If Piakura improves I think that is a great use of rotation for next season. Capewell to start at second row and move into the middle, with Piakura coming on

I went reyno, sailor and Riki. I think Riki had been one of his best running games

For me:

3 - Reynolds
2 - Capewell
1 - Mariner

But honestly, you could really do almost any combo. And as a side point, if you could combine Walsh's skill with Sailor's calmness under pressure, you would have the best fullback in the game...by far.

Tough tonight. I went Reyno, Riki and Herbie with no real confidence after Reyno. Honourable mentions to so many others tonight...Billy was great, Jensen also, Palasia's first half stint was incredible, the young guys put in and it was Capes' best game of the year by a long shot. Really hard to pick tonight, it was a great team effort all around.

Defence won it for us but flagged in the last quarter.

Happy with the entire team effort. Sailor, particularly. He might have jumped the queue in front of Madden if he can play halves to the standard he plays fullback.

Mariner and Piakura should have a few pointers to work on when they return to Cup.

Can ppl stfu about billy walters for a while now. He's had 2, maybe 3 bad games this year. He's had 4 or 5 great games (you know it's great when he doesn't get mentioned), and the rest have been serviceable/just above average. Not bad for a $150-$200,000 makeshift bloody number 9! He's outplayed A LOT of dummy half's on far more money than him and there fans haven't hated on them.
He will have bad games, he will not be a c Smith, but ffs he is our best number 9 by a large amount at the moment, and that's with 1 off season there.
I thought that was paixs best game for a while, and Walters STILL outplayed him.

Can ppl stfu about billy walters for a while now. He's had 2, maybe 3 bad games this year. He's had 4 or 5 great games (you know it's great when he doesn't get mentioned), and the rest have been serviceable/just above average. Not bad for a $150-$200,000 makeshift bloody number 9! He's outplayed A LOT of dummy half's on far more money than him and there fans haven't hated on them.
He will have bad games, he will not be a c Smith, but ffs he is our best number 9 by a large amount at the moment, and that's with 1 off season there.
I thought that was paixs best game for a while, and Walters STILL outplayed him.

Yeah man, he's quality, don't let the naysayers get in the way of the facts.

Yeah Walters was pretty damn solid, Walters SNR probably could've switched him out a little earlier. Billy looked a bit gassed

Yep, no arguments there but Billy's defense is so underrated...as is Kobe's. I'm pretty much thinking he should be starting, he stiffens up that middle so much.

Calm down, petal

To be fair, It really should be a top 5 or 6 this week.

Reynolds for sure. Did it all - ran, defended, kicked well and got the conversions we needed.

Then Jensen. Mistake free, if I recall correctly, with tough carries.

Finally, Hetherington. High energy runs and tireless defence.

I actually feel like a prick for leaving a few others out of the points.

Early doors but surprised by the lack of votes for capewell. I thought Reynolds and capewell clearly the best 2. Then a close run thing for me between Walters and sailor.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.